Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"

Article about: Hello, Presented are examples of the parade bush for use on all police nco tschakos for parade purposes. Officers wore white buffalo hair bush, and nco's wore black horse hair, which is more

W.Unland
    ?

Default Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"

Hello,

Presented are examples of the parade bush for use on all police nco tschakos for parade purposes. Officers wore white buffalo hair bush, and nco's wore black horse hair, which is more course and much heavier.

The bush was mounted by inserting it's metal mounting prongs inside the prongs of the kokarde and then sliding both together into the provided slot at the top of the tschako.

Here is a front view. All branches wearing a tschako used black bush for nco ranks. To get these to "fluff out" and drape correctly they were gently washed with hair conditioning shampoo. Otherwise the horsehair gets napped down and out of control.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"  

2. # ADS

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"

A side view showing the proper wear of the parade bush.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"  

W.Unland
    ?

Rarely seen is the RED parade bush worn by nco musicians of all branches of the police, again for parade purposes. Here is a front view of a red bush.

W.Unland
    ?

And a side view showing the proper method of draping and wear.

Thanks for looking.
    Regards,
    William unland

?

Looks great! , I had 2 of them without bush.. brown and black leather... one had an alunimum eagle on one and a nickle silver well made eagle on the other?

W.Unland
    ?

Hello,

Indeed the 1936 nickle/brass plates are very rare these days. 99% of those you see are the war time aluminum.

Regards,
    Bill Unland

Is there anywhere to buy plumes for these, even if reproduction like the bullion cockade I put on mine?

William Kramer

?

I don't know if it would work but I have had some American spiked helmets from the late 1800's that had horse hair or buffalo hair plumes. The German plumes look longer than I remember the American plumes but I have seen these on eBay.

I think they would be too expensive to reproduce in real horsehair, which explains their scarcity--I cannot even recall a repro one.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I like black, red and blond bushes.
    LMAO, I prefer the one I have, its bushless
    Enlisted Police Tschako Parade "bush"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast