Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Erel Vented Cockade Question

Article about: Greetings all, I came across this today along with a bunch of other cockades. I had never seen one until today, so naturally I know almost nothing about them. How long were they made, are th

Default Erel Vented Cockade Question

Greetings all,

I came across this today along with a bunch of other cockades. I had never seen one until today, so naturally I know almost nothing about them. How long were they made, are they very scarce, and are they worth more than a normal cockade? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erel Vented Cockade Question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Erel Vented Cockade Question

Quote by DSM1934 View Post
    Greetings all,

I came across this today along with a bunch of other cockades. I had never seen one until today, so naturally I know almost nothing about them. How long were they made, are they very scarce, and are they worth more than a normal cockade? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    They aren't really scarce and I don't believe would be worth significantly more than a regular loose cockade. However, given the somewhat overblown fetishism of Lubstein caps in the collector world, you could probably squeeze a few extra dollars out of it, I imagine..

Hi

They are harder to find than normal cockades and were made 1930/1940's approx to fit the caps made by the firm robert lubstein. He had a patent on a fresh air system that allowed the outside air to come inside the cap via thye cockade. Helps to Stop that red mark you get on your forehead when you take a hat off.
    What you need is someone with a vented erel cap without the correct cockade and sell it to them if you want to max your $.

Or if you are very generous give it to me and I would be a very happy said person !

hope that helps

cheers

Tony

I have an Erel artillery officer's cap with a vent hole in it (hat is destroyed btw), minus the cockade, here's a picture: Erel Vented Cockade Question Erel Vented Cockade Question

Hi

There is every chance for that arty ! I reckon with some tlc you can put that back to it's former glory !!

Give it a couple of days work and the Erel will be back. Post me some pics of the inside and I can talk you through what can be done to save it.

cheers

Tony

ps you should send Julekpl the cockade for his hat.

I must report that this Erel is no longer in my possession...I have been offered a nice amount of money for it. I sold it 3 days ago :') but it has a good home.