Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.

Article about: by HPL2008 I may be wrong there, but I think that the term "Knautschmütze" - although now widely used and recognized by German militaria dealers and -collectors - has come into bei

Default Re: Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I may be wrong there, but I think that the term "Knautschmütze" - although now widely used and recognized by German militaria dealers and -collectors - has come into being in the post-war years as an approximate translation of the English-language term "crusher cap".

(As Friedrich-Berthold already pointed out, it was definitely not an official designation in the Third Reich period.)
    Thank you kindly for making my point. The term is an anachronism for "Feldmuetze," which is the proper term of the era.

If you look in Google, you will be amused to find that the origins of the term appear to be the ding bat maroon forum, which is further reason for my ire.

Thanks to our German colleague and our British colleague for the nice material.
    The 1929 Rw field cap in the US sort of pattern is also very, very rare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Reichswehr uniforms are much under appreciated, very rare, and very interesting objects that should attract a greater collector following.
    The books from the Bavarian army museum published by Militaria Verlag in Vienna are excellent on all this material.
    Indeed they are.

As a matter of fact, I only just got my copy of the huge 2005 publication on Reichswehr uniforms & equipment from 1919 to 1932 by Jürgen Kraus and the late Adolf Schlicht yesterday and am really looking forward to studying it.

(On the occasion of a visit to the Bavarian Army Museum at Ingolstadt some five or so years ago, I had already bought the title's smaller-format 1987 incarnation. I was lucky, too, as this had been long out of print by the time and I got the final copy in stock at the museum store, fetched for me from the display case by the staff.)

Speaking of crushable Reichswehr field caps; I have shown these photographs before, but they do fit in here:

(My grandfather is on the right in the first photograph and on the left in the second one.)

Herr FB, thanks for your supporting comments and adding value to the thread as usual !

Great photos from HPL to show the field cap in situ. Thanks for posting them. The reichswehr book from the army museum is fantastic....enjoy.

I reckon it's the best cap you can buy, even the wife liked it and she usually doesn't even look up when I show her a new cap !

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Herr FB, thanks for your supporting comments and adding value to the thread as usual !

Great photos from HPL to show the field cap in situ. Thanks for posting them. The reichswehr book from the army museum is fantastic....enjoy.

I reckon it's the best cap you can buy, even the wife liked it and she usually doesn't even look up when I show her a new cap !

cheers

tony
    Thanks to you and best of luck with your collecting. I did not mean to hijack your fine thread, but this cap of mine is made as a field cap, and since the RZM regulations have appeared in digital form, the pieces of the whole fit together to better effect. Thanks to my colleagues for their cordial collaboration.

Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.This is an example of the books created from the holdings at Ingolstadt.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Indeed they are.

As a matter of fact, I only just got my copy of the huge 2005 publication on Reichswehr uniforms & equipment from 1919 to 1932 by Jürgen Kraus and the late Adolf Schlicht yesterday and am really looking forward to studying it.

(On the occasion of a visit to the Bavarian Army Museum at Ingolstadt some five or so years ago, I had already bought the title's smaller-format 1987 incarnation. I was lucky, too, as this had been long out of print by the time and I got the final copy in stock at the museum store, fetched for me from the display case by the staff.)

Speaking of crushable Reichswehr field caps; I have shown these photographs before, but they do fit in here:

(My grandfather is on the right in the first photograph and on the left in the second one.)
    Thank you for the images of your family.

?

Quote by spandau View Post
    Example is for a vetinerary officer with leather peak
    Here's another!

When it was re-badged, who knows!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.   Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.  

Riddles in enigmas, but at least if one reads this thread, then the character of the field cap is more obvious than this endless blather about SS field caps (..."Knautschmuetzen..") as a self licking ice cream cone as eventuates on the other websites I do not like....Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.

Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.and do not leave out the Nationale Volksarmee, since I have so many friends in Brandenburg, Sachsen Anhalt and Sachsen!

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Riddles in enigmas, but at least if one reads this thread, then the character of the field cap is more obvious than this endless blather about SS field caps (..."Knautschmuetzen..") as a self licking ice cream cone as eventuates on the other websites I do not like....Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945.
    What happened to the visor on the bottom right photo?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast