Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Field Worn Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

Article about: looks Great !

Default Field Worn Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

I recently got back this interesting piece I traded off over ten years ago. I was the first one to have the piece in a collection. It turned up in an estate sale in Upstate New York. The picker bought a sealed K Ration box that the vet had mailed home. Imagine his suprise when he opened the box and found this cap and a SS armband with a number of tinnies and badges pinned on to it instead of K-Rations.
    The vet evidently forgot about the box and it remained sealed for over 50 years!
    This cap never had a chin strap. Period images show SS NCO's wearing this form of cap. I am very happy to once again have this piece in my collection.Field Worn Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeField Worn Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeField Worn Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeField Worn Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeField Worn Gray SS NCO Schirmutze
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 08-27-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field Worn Gray SS NCO Schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Field Worn Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

Very Bob, nice to see you have it once more, what a story huh..

Mike

?

I would give my right arm for a nice looking hat like that. Excellent piece.

?

I love the rakish appearance of these NCO caps, but what a bonus, to get it back into your collection after all these years, hope it stays there now Bob, i wouldnt even let my wife breath on it if it was mine

One of the great pleasures of collecting is being able to share original period examples with other collectors for their study and enjoyment. To quote an old friend and mentor in Japanese sword collecting, "It is no fun sharing your best swords with your neighbor's dog."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Lovely cap Bob. I've been waiting a long time to see a genuine NCO's cap without the chinstrap. Period photos are full of them but they hardly ever appear today. I guess a lot had them added by collectors who that they were incorrect without them. A mistake of course..

?

Always amazes me. People posting and arguing like mad about one single skull on the other threads but only a few posts here.

One day the bubble will burst. These bits of alloy will loose their voodoo and it will become clear that they mean nothing on their own. I can't wait for that day actualy. To put an end to the cyber skull expert who has no concept or understanding of what these trinkets meant will not come a day too soon for me.

To be clear, just like anything else in this hobby, we appreciate people who study their chosen subjects to acertain what is real or not. What we need to do now, and what some of us are trying to do is look beyond jaw line marks and the signs of casting and all the rest of the CSI stuff and look to the period publications to find the answers to fundamental questions which have been totaly overlooked.

I can't give you any thunderbolts of new information at this moment but who knows what will be around the corner as more period publications are made available?
    Last edited by BenVK; 08-27-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Very nice Bob glad it's back home and thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

So the saying is correct," If you love something , set it free. And if it returns, then it's meant to be"! If that aint true love I dont know what is. Thanks for sharing such a nice piece, Bob.
    ~Dean

It's always great when an old friend returns home. Terrific piece, Bob!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast