Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

First Heer Schirmütze

Article about: by HistoryIsMe I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will f

Default re: First Heer Schirmütze

Quote by KSH View Post
    As for our collectables being junk - in a way they certainly are. Take the visor in my avatar for instance, what is the true material value of it today? Some old fabric, some small pieces of aluminium, some strips of leather and the like. $ 5? But to me this junk is worth more than gold...go figure. Are we all just crazy?

- Kenneth
    My host family in Bonn in 1973 thought I was crazy, and their words ring in my ears when I read many of these posts, but not yours, Kenneth. I do not mean you. I am also being ironic, which is not a trait much celebrated in the 21st century.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Heer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My host family in Bonn in 1973 thought I was crazy, and their words ring in my ears when I read many of these posts, but not yours, Kenneth. I do not mean you. I am also being ironic, which is not a trait much celebrated in the 21st century.
    My friend, your irony is understood and appreciated by me though it may not seem so. The irony is quite self-evident I think when you who have dedicated so much of your life to the collection and study of these foetid woolens do refer to them as 'junk'. Such irony has not been strange to many a famous contributer to our society through the ages.

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    My friend, your irony is understood and appreciated by me though it may not seem so. The irony is quite self-evident I think when you who have dedicated so much of your life to the collection and study of these foetid woolens do refer to them as 'junk'. Such irony has not been strange to many a famous contributer to our society through the ages.

- Kenneth
    Thank you. You are plainly educated, but many others are not (i.e. on the maroon insane, fruit cake, and monstrosity site) and take these digital outbursts in a pretty literal way, and also have no sense of irony, or humor, or detachment, or perspective at all. Rather, the objects of far too much praise and self esteem maintenance and training in their salad years, they react to discord and disagreement with digital tantrums and vendettas of the oddest kind.

thanks for your kind words. Happy collecting.

?

I found it ironic that while viewing the work by Gottfried Helnwein pictured below on display at the de Young this week evoked mental images of the site listed above. Though hardly the intention of the artist, one can vaguely draw parallels to the Adoration of the Shepherds, as depicted in this work, to the events we witness on the “monstrosity” site and other forums not too dissimilar. A relative few are bastions of truth and enlightenment, while others look on and react with saddening vendettas, prepared to slaughter the Lamb at the slightest difference in opinion or collector’s belief. A thanks to those who seek truth and make this type of behavior a rarity on this forum.

First Heer Schirmütze

I welcome you, Kenneth, to the forum and appreciate your joining us.

Best regards,

CMH

First Heer SchirmützeThanks for the post above and the reference to contemporary art, a valuable tip. I had not known this man's work.

?

I had only known of the Boulevard of Broken Dreams, a pop art thingy. This is a bit more emotional, yes? He was born in 1948, for those interested. He did not know life in the Third Reich, but felt it's aftermath, surely.

CMH

thank you. All the more appalling that I do not know of this artist, as he is from Vienna, and that is my second home. I like hyper realism as a genre.

?

I am happy to repay you in knowledge for the same that you have given to us all. My thanks to you, Sir.

CMH

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I am happy to repay you in knowledge for the same that you have given to us all. My thanks to you, Sir.

CMH
    Thanks, in turn. There is a whole wide word out there of which I am quite ignorant, though I troop by the place where this man went to art school, and I often stay near the contemporary art museum barracks at the foot of the Maria Hilferstrasse. My wife takes me always to see the old master's of Italian and Flemish art in the Kunsthistorisches Museum and then I go to cafes to look at women.

Best of luck.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

My wife takes me always to see the old master's of Italian and Flemish art in the Kunsthistorisches Museum and then I go to cafes to look at women.

Best of luck.
    My wife also takes me to see the old masters though like you I still enjoy the view when sat outside a cafe.

My second visor, as I only have 35mm SLR pics of my first, an Erel medical officers, both no longer in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Heer Schirmütze   First Heer Schirmütze  

First Heer Schirmütze   First Heer Schirmütze  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast