Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

First Heer Schirmütze

Article about: by HistoryIsMe I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will f

KSH
    ?

Default re: First Heer Schirmütze

Quote by DrCMH View Post

I welcome you, Kenneth, to the forum and appreciate your joining us.

Best regards,

CMH
    Well, thank you very much, both for your amity and for the interesting and thought-provoking art you have brought to our attention of which I also was not aware of.

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Heer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

Kenneth,You joined the right forum.The member Friedrich-Berthold has vast information on third reich hats.I have a suggestion which may or may not sit well with you.If you have a real good tailor nearby prehaps you could have him repair the Visor hat in such a way as to hide the repairs that are already done.As you leave in NORWAY that could present a problem with someone who suffered at the hands of the Germans.Just a suggestion and maybe you just like it the way it is! Carl

KSH
    ?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Kenneth,You joined the right forum.The member Friedrich-Berthold has vast information on third reich hats.I have a suggestion which may or may not sit well with you.If you have a real good tailor nearby prehaps you could have him repair the Visor hat in such a way as to hide the repairs that are already done.As you leave in NORWAY that could present a problem with someone who suffered at the hands of the Germans.Just a suggestion and maybe you just like it the way it is! Carl
    I suggest that you read the entire thread a little closer, Carl

- Kenneth

Right Ken i jumped a page.As for clumsy language you are able to express yourself here as well as you like.No Havard guys here and i am not putting the school down.Wish you well in your collecting of these great objects and anyone says why you are collecting junk tell them to come on the forum and see what this "JUNK" is all about.I started collecting in 1969 and i am a senior citizen thats for sure,but this hobby keeps me on my toes and going well!! Carl

KSH
    ?

Right Ken i jumped a page.As for clumsy language you are able to express yourself here as well as you like.No Havard guys here and i am not putting the school down.Wish you well in your collecting of these great objects and anyone says why you are collecting junk tell them to come on the forum and see what this "JUNK" is all about.I started collecting in 1969 and i am a senior citizen thats for sure,but this hobby keeps me on my toes and going well!! Carl
    I wish you well also, Carl! As for the "junk" mentioned above - this was a mere ironic-natured exchange of words between myself and F-B. But most of the people in my family and immediate social surroundings definitely would regard it as junk - that is until they hear what it's worth today in monetary form...then it changes from junk to lunacy!

- Kenneth

?

had this one for 11 years, just let it go

KSH
    ?

No Havard guys here and i am not putting the school down.
    Perhaps not, but at least one Stanford alumnus is among us to my knowledge - there are probably other members also with higher education on WRF, as we collectors like all such "groups" are representative of the society as a whole. I am myself no stranger to academia mind you.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 12-08-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo

?

I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one.
    Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will find one.

Cheers,
    Pat

Quote by KSH View Post
    Perhaps not, but at least one Stanford alumnus is among us to my knowledge - there are probably other members also with higher education on WRF, as we collectors like all such "groups" are representative of the society as a whole. I am myself no stranger to academia mind you.

- Kenneth
    For sure, I have a BA in Archaeology, though my wife has a PHD and is a Professor. And sort of related, her mother used to work in admin at Stanford for many years, which has a good collection of works by Rodin and an Andy Goldsworthy in the grounds. Just as an aside, my father in law is also a Professor as is his 2nd wife. Feel almost dumb by comparison!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Bond View Post
    For sure, I have a BA in Archaeology, though my wife has a PHD and is a Professor. And sort of related, her mother used to work in admin at Stanford for many years, which has a good collection of works by Rodin and an Andy Goldsworthy in the grounds. Just as an aside, my father in law is also a Professor as is his 2nd wife. Feel almost dumb by comparison!
    You sure have a very scholastic family, Jerry I have nothing of the sort.

- Kenneth

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast