MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

First Heer Schirmütze

Article about: by HistoryIsMe I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will f

KSH
    ?

Default re: First Heer Schirmütze

I must say that the just as much inimitable BenVK speaks for Yours Truly as well in his praise of such utter mastery and command of the all-too-rare skill of transmuting base words and grammatical structures into literary gold. You Sir, Herr Friedrich-Berthold, are a veritable alchemist of human language - the Philosopher's Stone of this mutual exchange of our joys and burdens associated with our beloved and at times, accursed foetid woolens.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Another author, whom I like, and is more or less similar in biography to Roth, is Hannah Arendt, though her life was far less tragic than Roth's surely.
    I have also a keen interest in Hannah Arendt as an author (I have yet to read a single word of Roth I am afraid). I have always been especially fascinated and moved by her very complicated and seemingly paradoxical relationship with one of the greatest thinkers of the 20th Century as far I am concerned, Martin Heidegger, the describer of our inauthentic lives and of being and time most importantly of course.

But our goal here is to make sure that our young man in Ireland gets a real, first cap, and I am sure that some of you reading this will enable the thing.
    That is the sort of thing one does at Christmas, after all, is it not?
    Nothing would give me more joy I believe than to facilitate such a happening. Alas, I am not in a position to do so at the moment.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H,

Your humble Servant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Heer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeThanks. Arendt had a romantic relationship with her teacher, who became a pretty ardent Nazi. What would such persons be if not paradoxical? Her work, I think, is more germane and powerful than ever, for instance, her treatise on violence written in 1969. It is a wonderful book, to say nothing of the book on totalitarianism. Ben should not exaggerate about my writing, nor should anyone else. But there is some merit in the fact that we can speak to each other through this odd medium. You should meet my ex girl friend, who is also my editor, as she is far more literate and a better pamphlet writer than am I.
    In any other age, we would have written pamphlets and other kinds of pre modern propaganda. Thank you again and merry Christmas to you all. And read Josef Roth, too, and you will be glad you did.

Our young friend in Ireland has espied a possible ratted out cap for a pretty sane price. I do get the sense, though, that the likely source of old German caps is merely the Steinbruch for re made SS caps.

?

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeWell done. A Steinbruch it is. I do hope you get your object as you wish. The Mottenfrass is a symbol of time and its passage.

As Ben says: "ohne Muetze, keine Uniform!" First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze

KSH
    ?

Thanks. Arendt had a romantic relationship with her teacher, who became a pretty ardent Nazi. What would such persons be if not paradoxical? Her work, I think, is more germane and powerful than ever, for instance, her treatise on violence written in 1969. It is a wonderful book, to say nothing of the book on totalitarianism. Ben should not exaggerate about my writing, nor should anyone else. But there is some merit in the fact that we can speak to each other through this odd medium. You should meet my ex girl friend, who is also my editor, as she is far more literate and a better pamphlet writer than am I.
    In any other age, we would have written pamphlets and other kinds of pre modern propaganda. Thank you again and merry Christmas to you all. And read Josef Roth, too, and you will be glad you did.

Our young friend in Ireland has espied a possible ratted out cap for a pretty sane price. I do get the sense, though, that the likely source of old German caps is merely the Steinbruch for re made SS caps.
    What would such persons be if not paradoxical? Quite true, though I find it very interesting how Arendt came to terms with it all, and how she blames Heidegger's attraction to Nazism on his inherent personality that in her own words had to produce such an outcome should the two ever cross paths.

It is my prediction that when later generations not born yet will be trying to understand what made the 20th Century so brutal and prone to totalitarianism for instance, that they will turn to the work of Hannah Arendt. So I can concur with your assessment of her work being more germane and powerful than ever - however I think her work will grow even more germane and powerful as the years pass by.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H,

Your humble Servant.

Her writings about collective personality of totalitarianism are central, as is her controversial and much contested description of Eichmann, whom she saw at the trial. One of the great merits of my partial life in Vienna, is all my colleagues are as versed in psychology as Freud, even though many of them are very Catholic and conservative, and in their company there is much informed and interesting speculation about the link between psychology and politics. Surely this point should not carry the whole weight of explanation, but it is suggestive. Arendt was a great woman and her work is timeless, especially as the present is more laden with a crisis of western values that she would recognize. Read also the treatise on violence about the 1960s and the 20th century. It is very good.

Happy reading and thanks for the collegial experience.

as ever, your humble, FB

?

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze

KSH
    ?

Her writings about collective personality of totalitarianism are central, as is her controversial and much contested description of Eichmann, whom she saw at the trial. One of the great merits of my partial life in Vienna, is all my colleagues are as versed in psychology as Freud, even though many of them are very Catholic and conservative, and in their company there is much informed and interesting speculation about the link between psychology and politics. Surely this point should not carry the whole weight of explanation, but it is suggestive. Arendt was a great woman and her work is timeless, especially as the present is more laden with a crisis of western values that she would recognize. Read also the treatise on violence about the 1960s and the 20th century. It is very good.

Happy reading and thanks for the collegial experience.

as ever, your humble, FB
    Ditto, my friend.

Pat, is the above quite so "derelict" cap above under consideration or have you in fact purchased said piece? I see you have started posting collages also, but no garden gnomes yet?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeI do have to post the garden gnomes again, but they slipped in the arsenal to where they are less handy. Their symbolism was usually lost on non Europeans.

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    Ditto, my friend.

Pat, is the above quite so "derelict" cap above under consideration or have you in fact purchased said piece? I see you have started posting collages also, but no garden gnomes yet?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    No i havent purchased the said piece, though it is indeed under consideration.

I was inspired by Friedrichs collages of photos I thought I might try and see if I can make one....,
    I am not sure what you mean by garden gnomes.

cheers,
    Pat

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast