Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

further black cap....

Article about: a Mueller black officer's cap of later make, ca. 1939.....

Default further black cap....

a Mueller black officer's cap of later make, ca. 1939.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture further black cap....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement further black cap....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: further black cap....

Can we look for another picture, it would be very interesting to see the cap in details. Thanks for sharing this one with us!

The eagle is Zimmerman made?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Please see enclosed. The cap is not in my possession, but I retain these images. I did not extract the badges and will leave others to speculate on the makers of same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture further black cap....   further black cap....  

?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I like to see all of black examples, I just has only 4 of them in my life...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Thanks for sharing the pictures, I like to see all of black examples, I just has only 4 of them in my life...
    Dear Dimas, thanks for yours. I shall try to post many more images from my files. I know that Mr. Hritz and Mr. Coleman also have several images from their collections, too. best regards, FB PS The cap here is an early one from about 1934 from a Magdeburg maker and the cap itself was sold recently by a noted Alabama collector. The tunic was originally auctioned at Manion's in 1978 and is from the Saarbruecken Standarte. It passed through the hands of Wolfe in so. California and that of a noted collector of NSDAP uniforms. These pieces reside in other collections today. I kept the images for this purpose.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture further black cap....   further black cap....  

further black cap....  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2008 at 01:02 AM.

?

Thanks for the information
    Regards,
    Dimas

Default Re: further black cap...and some field grey and some black.

a Clemens Wagner other ranks black cap ca. 1939 in the issue variety, i.e. with the water proof lining. The fakes of these have become very sophisticated because of all the data in the internet. I do not know who made the insignia. The cap is not my property. It turned up on the German dagger forum in the first years of this decade. The second cap (two images enclosed here...) is the twin piece found on the cover of the Wilkins book. Shea found a duplicate set (i.e. two each...) of grey SS caps in the mid-Atlantic states and this is one of them that I examined, and, again it is not my property, either. The other cap went off to a graduate student from China, which augurs well for these collectibles in a world of a weak US dollar. The respective collectors allowed me to retain these images for the knowledge of all seekers in the wider world of the internet. The black officer's cap is a Clemens Wagner of the era 1938/9, with the signature broken sweat diamond. This cap was once the property of Gerard Stezelberger before it made its way into a North American collection early in the decade.

further black cap....   further black cap....  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Default Re: another grey SS cap

a Lubstein grey officer's cap from about 1942 or so...this was also the property of Gerard Stezelberger before its sale to another collector in the no. hemisphere.

Default Re: further grey cap

a grey cap found in Vienna in 1997 and sold up and down the US West Coast in the years 2005-7 before making its way back to Old Europe....a piece with some character. The TK seen here was a cast fake, but the cap was all quite real and with a patina of note. In the process of changing hands, the cast TK was replaced by a zinc authentic one appropriate to this kind of wartime cap. This photo courtesy of a collector in the western US. I guess this cap is not for the purist, who demands a piece untouched---in the hands of a US veteran's heirs---but a real piece of SS regalia as one is likely to encounter it in the here and now versus a dream world. If only it could talk or one could reconstitute its owner's DNA from the grime within. In any case, its original home was along the Danube.