Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

"Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor

Article about: Hello. I want to show something, that is considered rare here in germany. What is interesting for me, is the construction of the air-floating-system. What do you think? Greetings -grenzwolf-

?

Agree with Stonemint. There is no evidence whatsoever I am aware of to link these caps with the GFP. GFP was part of the Heeresbeamte whose Waffenfarbe was dark green. The Blue GFP colour was Nebenfarbe, not Waffenfarbe and no army visor caps were piped in Nebenfarbe.

I can only think that at some point someone tried to link the Army pattern insignia with the same sort of brown colour band used by the Polizei to mean it must be Military Police related and thus the blue piping must mean GFP. False logic methinks.

I firmly believe that GFP officials wore the standard dark green piped Heeresbeamte visor caps. Even the crown material of these caps never seems to match the correct field grey colour of Heer visor caps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor
    P
    Many

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Agree with Stonemint. There is no evidence whatsoever I am aware of to link these caps with the GFP. GFP was part of the Heeresbeamte whose Waffenfarbe was dark green. The Blue GFP colour was Nebenfarbe, not Waffenfarbe and no army visor caps were piped in Nebenfarbe.

I can only think that at some point someone tried to link the Army pattern insignia with the same sort of brown colour band used by the Polizei to mean it must be Military Police related and thus the blue piping must mean GFP. False logic methinks.

I firmly believe that GFP officials wore the standard dark green piped Heeresbeamte visor caps. Even the crown material of these caps never seems to match the correct field grey colour of Heer visor caps.

Agreed. there are a lot of fakes of these "GFP" caps, but there are real ones, such as the one that is the subject of this thread.
    Most of the real ones are late-war (44-45), and unissued. All I can think of is that they were for some Transportkorps Speer related organization, but were never issued in quantity.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

I thought we had a HPC thread as well .............I know they have been posted in detail somewhere on this forum.....

I was looking at the example above and noticed the air vents are different from the one I own. So the question that came to mind is did Herman have different air vent systems ?

The one above has fewer holes and no flap to close the "fresh air" vents. May be a red flag or it may not, comments and ideas, opinions invited.

Attachment 722491Attachment 722492Attachment 722493
    Tony--
    Yours is an early one, while the "GFP" is a late-war example (probably fall of 44, if not early 45). Most LW EM/NCO HPC's have only 4 grommets.
    They probably went to 4 grommets late in the war as an economy measure.

Thanks for the info Chris, you certainly know your grommets !

Here is a link to the thread on questionable "GFP" visors:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...visors-326897/

Here are some GFP boards--note the Nebenfarbe is light blue, while the waffenfarbe is Beamte dark green:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor  

And just to further the HPC side of the thread, here is an Infantry cap I recently obtained, with their 'Stirndruckfrei' system, and the unique breather vents.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor   "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor  

"Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor   "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor  

"Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor   "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor  

The HPC address was from the internet, it isn't mine, but does show their RB number !

Bob

?

And I possess one similar to Bob's Infantry visor - difference is mine has the bullion wreath and aluminum eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor   "Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor  

?

and the interior... notice the slight change in labels between Bob's and mine. As stated by Stonemint earlier, mine would be the late war variety due to the 4-grommet vent whilst Bob's is the early war version with 6-grommets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast