MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Geheime Felldpolizei Schirmmuetzen

Article about: Hi Folks, I've just been looking at stonemints images of the secret field police visor caps and I was just wondering why there is controversy about these caps among collectors. Cheers. Kev.

Default Geheime Felldpolizei Schirmmuetzen

Hi Folks,
    I've just been looking at stonemints images of the secret field police visor caps and I was just wondering why there is controversy about these caps among collectors.
    Cheers.

Kev.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Geheime Felldpolizei Schirmmuetzen
    P
    Many

Simply because there are no regulations describing a visor cap specific to the GFP, and there are no pics of them in wear by GFP men.
    GFP were Beamten and would wear a standard WH visor with dark-green piping (ie, abzeichentuch).

That being said, I have seen some hats that I could not find fault with. IMO, the hats were for some sort of Heer-NSKK organization, as of yet unreferenced.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

A lot of these seem to be late-war in construction, such as the HPC that leads off this thread here:

"Geheime Feldpolizei"-HPC-officers visor

Hey, thanks stonemint.
    I've got a chance of the cap in these images and I know it doesn't prove anything but I did find this image in a research book I have.
    Cheers.

Kev
    Geheime Felldpolizei SchirmmuetzenGeheime Felldpolizei SchirmmuetzenGeheime Felldpolizei SchirmmuetzenGeheime Felldpolizei SchirmmuetzenGeheime Felldpolizei SchirmmuetzenGeheime Felldpolizei Schirmmuetzen

?

Stonemint is 100% correct. There is absolutely no evidence linking these caps to the GFP. GFP were part of the Heeresbeamte and any photos I have seen of GFP Officers, admittedly not many, show a cap with what looks like a normal dark green band . Even in a black and white photo the brown band on these caps would show up as a lighter tone than the dark green of the collar, so whatever these caps are, and they may well by perfectly genuine wartime caps, they ain't anything to do with the GFP.

Personnel for the Geheime Feldpolizei did wear the uniform for Wehrmachtbeambten
    (entsprach der für die ranggleichen Beamten), but with special indications with the
    shoulder-boards. So, the visored cap had a dark-blue-green cap band and was piped in dark-green.

All was arranged in H.Dv.g 150: Dienstvorschrift für die Geheime Feldpolizei from September
    14, 1938 and the reprint from July 24, 1939. The color light-blue was the so-called Nebenfarbe.
    I can't find the regulation otherwise I woud have copied the important page and/or information.

Here the information as from Hettler from 1940:

Geheime Felldpolizei Schirmmuetzen

Thanks for the input, that's certainly very interesting and something to ponder over.

?

As Wim points out, the blue colour used by GFP was a "Nebenfarbe" or secondary piping colour as opposed to Waffenfarbe. Visor caps were piped in Waffenfarbe, not Nebenfarbe, and the Waffenfarbe for GFP as part of the Heeresbeamte was dark green, ergo these blue piped caps are not GFP.

The Erel looks convincing from the photos, but one cannot rule out the possibility of a re-banded cap.

In any event, these hats will have to remain a mystery for the time being.

Still a rare cap though I would say.