Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Generals Schirmmütze

Article about: Dear collectors, I saved money for a long time. I really want to buy a German generals visor, luftwaffe or Wehrmacht. Does anyone know where to buy one of these? I hope you can help me . Kin

?

Default re: Generals Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generals Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    I think you will find that all that glitters is certainly not gold. A few alarm bells there I'm afraid

And for only £95,000 you could be the proud owner of this .............

WWII Hermann Goring Reichsmarschall Blue Service Uniform - £95,000.00 : Parade Antiques, Shop for Antiques Online, Militaria, Memorabilia, Jewellery and More...

?

That dealer is so crooked it would make Alan Sugar look legit.

?

Waffen SS NCOs Peak Cap Concentration Camp - £4,800.00 : Parade Antiques, Shop for Antiques Online, Militaria, Memorabilia, Jewellery and More...

An extremely rare concentration camp guard's peaked cap for a Waffen SS NCO.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Generals Schirmmütze  

I have nothing against making a profit, but the one Shea is selling was listed on the Collector's Guild site for $13,090 less then two years ago. Just passing on information.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    In a free market economy, you are free to buy or not buy. A professional dealer has overhead that a collector does not have such as employees salaries, workmans compansation payments, insurance, accounting, travel, etc. He can ask whatever he wants. It is up to the buyer to decide if he wants to pay the price or not. I only fault dealers who deal in fakes.
    I have overpaid Bill Shea many times and, oddly, never lived to regret it. That is, he has furnished me at a very high price with remarkable items that no one else finds, contrary to what is asserted here endlessly in the lynching of any noteworthy figure. In my more or less fifty years of collecting, I would also note a high degree of avarice and money maddness from my fellow collectors, who often fail to demonstrate exemplary traits of forbearance and generosity, as well.

Here, here Fb.

I work to the maxim "If you like it and can afford it, buy it !".

Some pieces are beyond price........I have also got a few "bargains" in my time as well, so i guess what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout !

Happy collecting

Tony

Generals Schirmmütze
    Quote by spandau View Post
    Here, here Fb.

I work to the maxim "If you like it and can afford it, buy it !".

Some pieces are beyond price........I have also got a few "bargains" in my time as well, so i guess what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout !

Happy collecting

Tony
    Thanks. This issue is a hobby horse of mine. These things are seldom found in bargain basements any longer. Tall tales of cost free militaria elicit in me merely a shrug of the shoulder. Shea is very costly, to be sure, but it is far less than honest to make him out to be the only paragon of avarice around these places. He has lots of company. Nor will I sell my things at some knocked down price, either, mind you.

Collectors have built up this silly cult of "Erel" as a false idol whereby the price of such caps is inflated in a grotesque way.

Bob Coleman,If you see a TV program you don't like you turn it off!!!If you see a piece that is beyond your means,then look elsewhere!Bill Shea doesn't ask you to buy his pieces,but remember cheaper can mean repro not a better buy.IMO PS. Your answer to the collector about Shea's high prices is what all collectors should take as a answer that no one holds a gun to your head to buy there pieces!!
    Last edited by goodbuys; 05-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast