Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Generals Schirmmütze

Article about: Dear collectors, I saved money for a long time. I really want to buy a German generals visor, luftwaffe or Wehrmacht. Does anyone know where to buy one of these? I hope you can help me . Kin

Default re: Generals Schirmmütze

Ben,I always get very leary of Goring hats and tunics that come up every now and then!What happened to these very rare pieces when his railway car and residences were looted back in 1945-46.What do you know about this Parade Antiques and this is the first time I heard of him in 43 years of collecting.Have a very serious problem with any Hitler,Goring,Himmler pieces that these dealers come up with!I do remember years back a put together white tunic that was surposed to be Goring's and was garbage to say the least.Goodbuys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generals Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Although a little off topic, I knew both of the German American servicemen who served as translators for the top war criminals. One of their duties was removing insignia from the uniforms of the prisoners. One of the gentlemen was present when Goring came in to surrender. He told me that Goring had two large rolling wardrobes full of uniforms at the time. He was allowed to keep two and the rest were likely taken by souvenir hungry G I's. There must still be some out there as the Reichsmarshall was certainly a peacock.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Has anybody noticed that the waffen SS NCO concentration camp guard visor has the wrong chinstrap on it!!The square middle buckle which is found on waffen ss em/nco visors has a chinstap which is Heer perhaps.IMO this dealers headgear has more red flags than a bullfight!That Goring outfit I would not touch with a twenty foot pole! To add it also and i am sure the guys in the know also noticed the Army eagle on this piece,Who does this dealer think he's fooling!!Another dealer looking for a fish to hook!Cast your bait somewhere else with your put together garbage!

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Bob Coleman,If you see a TV program you don't like you turn it off!!!If you see a piece that is beyond your means,then look elsewhere!Bill Shea doesn't ask you to buy his pieces,but remember cheaper can mean repro not a better buy.IMO PS. Your answer to the collector about Shea's high prices is what all collectors should take as a answer that no one holds a gun to your head to buy there pieces!!
    I do not understand this post as it is basically saying exactly what I said.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I was just backing what you said and a little more of my own thoughts on the matter.Didn't know it was such a big thing to you!!Sorry that I even posted a reply after that answer!

?

(If his " expertise" is so valuable, how do you explain the " Franky" W-SS visor he's selling, for a mere $15,500?? Oh, but he's the co-author of a book on W-SS headgear.

BobS

Bob, the problem with any dealer is that none of them specialize in any one area, and in this hobby, it is just impossible to do. Bill really does try, and has a degree of knowledge above most other dealers. With regard to the OKK SS visors, he has a differing opinion on them than I do. Some believe they are legit, and are just an example of Erel using what was at hand for a sweatdiamond. (I, on the other hand, am not a believer in this, as every SS OKK visor I have personallay inspected was screwed with in some fashion).

It's a tough hobby for a collector, and even tougher for a dealer.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Bob, the problem with any dealer is that none of them specialize in any one area, and in this hobby, it is just impossible to do. Bill really does try, and has a degree of knowledge above most other dealers. With regard to the OKK SS visors, he has a differing opinion on them than I do. Some believe they are legit, and are just an example of Erel using what was at hand for a sweatdiamond. (I, on the other hand, am not a believer in this, as every SS OKK visor I have personallay inspected was screwed with in some fashion).

It's a tough hobby for a collector, and even tougher for a dealer.
    I have no intention of defaming Bill Shea, or accusing him of anything,and I believe his good reputation is warranted. Perhaps I get too worked up when I see these five figure prices for cloth caps, especially when they don't have unquestioned provenance and authenticity.
    In my dotage, I likely get angry and outraged probably far too often for my own good!
    Oh well, unless I wanted to be single again, I couldn't pay that much for a cap anyway!

BobS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3