Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German contractors of headgear for USEUCOM, USAREUR

Article about: On the lord of the flies site, Mr. Chris Stonemint asks whether pieces of US military regalia exist to correspond with the Lubstein/Emhage head wear made for Soviet troops in the SBZ/DDR. Ma

Default Re: German contractors of headgear for USEUCOM, USAREUR

What is on the label other than Alkero?

They made caps for the Bundeswehr, too, of course.

This must be from the 1950s.

Thanks for showing us.

I wish I could have bought Nazi stuff in West Germany in the early 1950s, that's for sure. It was considered junk. I did in the early 1970s, and it was still considered junk. I found nice things, actually.
    Attached Images Attached Images German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR
    P
    Many

Hello everybody!
    I always wondered, what this cap might have been used for. It is a Halfar cap, but I cannot find any German organisation that had worn this style of cap. It is made of olive cloth like the Bundeswehr moleskin, has got a very low peak and an extra embossment to the visor.
    I am not so much involved into international headgear, mostly german caps.
    Any suggestions?

The Bundeswehr had (and still has,...) a tropical/desert uniform introduced in the late 1950s or 1960s, worn on US bases in the southwest or on Bundesmarine ships. But I do not know really.

Mr. Stonemint follows these things.

I think the Bw cap had a brownish visor, in fact.

There are very good books on Bw uniforms.

dutonqua
    ?

Is this a blemish cockade or not?There is no regular pins behind it.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Bundeswehr had (and still has,...) a tropical/desert uniform introduced in the late 1950s or 1960s, worn on US bases in the southwest or on Bundesmarine ships. But I do not know really.

Mr. Stonemint follows these things.

I think the Bw cap had a brownish visor, in fact.

There are very good books on Bw uniforms.
    First I have seen. IMHO, it is a non-military cap, but the "tropical" construction is throwing me a little bit. I would say a summer-weight BRD Tram worker visor. I have a DDR visor for the Ost Berlin streetcar service which is similar in shape--the only insignia is a very small pin with the initials "BVB", which stands for "Busfahrer der Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe". The West Berlin tram had a similar hat, but I never bothered to obtain one. I will keep checking in the meantime.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a US Army EM/NCO visor made by Pekuro, most likely during the 1950's or 60's. There has to be more German-made US visors out there....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR   German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR  

German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR   German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR  

German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURThis olive drab color was scrapped ca. 1957. The occupation forces which became NATO stationed forces were reinforced greatly ca. 1951 with the dispatch of four divisions because of the Korean War, and the latter event led to a revival of the West German economy on a sold footing.

These visors were used a somewhat obscure unit made up of German citizens in quasi-American uniforms utilized to guard military facilities--the 6941st Guard Battalion:
    Attached Images Attached Images German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR  German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR 

The unit was the U.S. Army labor service, which was recruited from Wehrmacht veterans as well as Polish Displaced persons. It was hardly obscure, but a fundamental part of 7th Army, US Army Europe even as late as the 1980s.

Obscure in the sense that most here are not familiar with it.

More can be found here:

USA 6941st Guard Battalion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast