Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German contractors of headgear for USEUCOM, USAREUR

Article about: On the lord of the flies site, Mr. Chris Stonemint asks whether pieces of US military regalia exist to correspond with the Lubstein/Emhage head wear made for Soviet troops in the SBZ/DDR. Ma

German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURFor your reading pleasure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR
    P
    Many

German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURa link on same. These units were numerous. The chart is from 1982.

USAREUR Units & Kasernes, 1945 - 1989

- - ------- - -

This issue was a professional concern of mine at one time, without going into too many details that do not belong here.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Obscure in the sense that most here are not familiar with it.

More can be found here:

USA 6941st Guard Battalion
    This unit was for the U.S. Army Berlin Brigade. The attachment is useful for those too young readily to know what all of this has meant to some of us.

U.S. Army In Berlin: Checkpoint Charlie - The Big Picture - YouTube

or, somewhat earlier....NATO Maneuvers - 1954 United States Army Educational Documentary - WDTVLIVE42 - YouTube

Most interesting. I never realised some of these foreign units were raised so late. Thank you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREUR
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Most interesting. I never realised some of these foreign units were raised so late. Thank you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks. With the Vietnam War in the 1960s, and then the Mansfield Amendment and such to force more of the defense burden on European allies in NATO and on and on, the U.S. Congress put a cap on the troop level in Europe. As U.S. forces were reduced in the middle and late 1960s, this measure led to the use of civilians to fill especially rear area and logistical roles, in this case Germans in a support role and eventually in conjunction with the Bw.
    Ergo the rise of these units in the 1970s, as well as in the glorious formative period say from 1946 until the early 1950s. I do not know if the BAOR had something similar. U.S. forces were once a major presence in West Germany, but for young people on both sides of the Atlantic such a thing is one of fading memory and the headlines give little hint of what once existed.

Mr. Mint encloses a page from West Berlin, where there is some organized nostalgia and generalized interest in the military forces that once existed when the city was divided. Long ago and very far away.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    German contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURGerman contractors of headgear for  USEUCOM, USAREURFor your reading pleasure.
    Very many thanks indeed...just the dataset I have been looking for
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Very many thanks indeed...just the dataset I have been looking for
    Happy to oblige.

Any ideas on who manufactured the various patches and insignia for the US Labor Service and Guard uniforms?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Any ideas on who manufactured the various patches and insignia for the US Labor Service and Guard uniforms?
    I have no clue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast