Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German dak pith helmet real or fake

Article about: Been offered this in trade and need to know your guys opinion if its the real deal or repro, below are the pics of it and if you need more I can get them, guy told me it was a vet bring back

Default German dak pith helmet real or fake

Been offered this in trade and need to know your guys opinion if its the real deal or repro, below are the pics of it and if you need more I can get them, guy told me it was a vet bring back but I never go by the story also need to know what other pics you guys need to I can tell the guy who offerd it to me

Thanks
    Jack

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German dak pith helmet real or fake
    P
    Many

Hello,
    From these photos it looks like an original 2nd type tropical helmet.
    Some collectors more specialized than me in tropical headgear may correct me, but i'm not sure that this type of helmet made of felt was actually worn within the DAK. IMO this example may have be pimped a bit with the writings seen on the last photo.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Jp,He told me the vet wrote his name on the band

Original second pattern tropical pith Helmet.They were used by DAK members but you will find that more were used in Italy,Greece, Russia (summer). Not to keen on the name inside I would tend to agree with JP that this has sadly had a name added to up the prospective value, would not see the point of drawing the palm tree and swastika emblem on a name bad in practical terms. However if he is asking the regular price it is not that big an issue.
    Morris

MAP
    ?

I like that the Vet wrote his name on the band. Doesn't detract at all. In fact it adds history (not necessarily value). That info should be passed along to the next liner (that it is the Vets name).

Hmmm....have we seen that flag in the background before?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map I was offered it for my ww2 band of brothers 506th pir autograph helmet I have with wild bill,babe and shifty autos plus has other members on it, I have it listed at $400 trade wise

This is the helmet I posted up for trade for a original German helmet and the pith was my first offer I got

Second patten pith helmets are going for $200-250 USD in good condition, just so you know.

Thanks km, I am really after a helmet instead of a pith, I just threw a price on mine because the group I am on its one of the rules so really have no clue what mine is even worth in my eyes it's priceless but I got another helmet with just wild bill auto on it

MAP
    ?

IMHO, I would keep the autographed helmet (I remember when you posted it). If the signatures are ever authenticated, it would be a long term keeper in my mind.

But this is just MY opinion. Not giving advice...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast