Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Helmet cover

Article about: Hello all, Sorry if I posted this in the incorrect section , I wasn't quite sure where it fit! These are by no means an area that I am familiar with. It appears that's the metal clips are mi

G43
    ?

Default German Helmet cover

Hello all,
    Sorry if I posted this in the incorrect section , I wasn't quite sure where it fit! These are by no means an area that I am familiar with. It appears that's the metal clips are missing, or did this pattern come without clips like the SS style tree, blurred, etc. patterns? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

German Helmet coverGerman Helmet coverGerman Helmet coverGerman Helmet coverGerman Helmet coverGerman Helmet cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet cover
    P
    Many

Drawstring type. I do not know if it is good or not, there are
    many repro's and home-made covers around - some
    made from original zeltbahn material.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I believe the original war time ones that were issued were reversible with white interior. Army ones were of the draw string type. Only the SS type were manufactured with clips.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There shouldn't be any metal clips on this cover, just a drawstring. As for the originality, I believe the stiching on the foliage holders is incorrect (at least that is what I know from SS examples). That being said, it could be a field made one, or just as easily a modern made chopped up zeltbahn. Perhaps someone will know more about these than me.

G43
    ?

Thank you all for the information. Hopefully someone will be able to determine the originality.

Hello,
    It is almost impossible to determine if this kind of item is original or not.
    The only thing i can say is that among the few original fieldmade Heer helmet covers i ever handled, none of them had machine sewn foliage loops. One had crude hand sewn loops, the rest had nothing...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

G43
    ?

Thank you for the help. I suppose it would be best for me to just stay away then. I don't want a piece that I'm uncertain of.

This item will always be of uncertain heritage as it does not conform to the correct period version and you are right to not buy it as you will always wonder and are unlikely to be able to sell it if you ever wished to in the future. Unless it came with a cast iron provenance doubt will always remain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.