Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German north africa Cap

Article about: Hello Any idea what type of cap does he wear? i added picture Yaniv.

?

Default Re: German north africa Cap

I'm still looking for the camo cap but in the meantime...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

German north africa Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German north africa Cap
    P
    Many

?

A puzzling photo....Defintely a Luft padded cockade. 1944 Italy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap  

?

One of my favourite photos. This black sidecap isn't meant to exist in this configuartion let alone in Africa!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap  

?

The Luft M41, note, no grommets.

?

A completely bonkers cap that has no official description..POW made? why add all the insignia?

?

Well, I can't find that camo cap right now but I think there is enough here for years of discussion none of which would be considered original on the WAF!

?

I'll leave you with this. See the dog? That's how I feel when trying to argue that we don't know as much as we think we do.

?

The first Afrika Korps..

?

Ok, sorry but I'm on a roll here.

This shouldn't exist either, single grommet Officers cap.

?

Ben,
    Love all the photos you've posted - but I do see the second grommet in Georg Briel's cap, just in the fold, nearly horizontal to the camera...
    But I know what you are saying! It seems that a few well placed members on WAF have such a closed mindset that they can no longer accept that they just do not know it all. That's the first thing I learned - and I'm still learning - we cannot - EVER - know everything about our chosen subject.
    Even when veteran provenanced items are shown, they are not accepted as original because that would require a rethink, and worse, having to admit that certain positions over items were factually incorrect.
    The photo taken in Italy(?) with the dog is very interesting...the soldier on the left would appear to be wearing the m40 variant with no false flaps....but this may be the quality of the image. The silhouette is exactly right for this cap which when worn appears like a US 'baseball' cap...
    Keep the photos coming, Ben - I'm just loving the uniform details, let alone the caps!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast