Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German north africa Cap

Article about: Hello Any idea what type of cap does he wear? i added picture Yaniv.

Default Re: German north africa Cap

Great pics guys. Really like the original afrikakorps pic with the beards and the 'cowboy' hats.

Also tried to spot the cammo cap.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German north africa Cap
    P
    Many

piw
    ?

Superb photos - the colour really makes everything appear more modern. Is that really a cammo cap and not staining of some sort?

?

Here's a close-up from each still. The images are not 100% clear, so we'll never know for certain, but note that there are no insignia present, three colours are definitely there which match zelt, and the caps profile is not typical of an m40... Easily within the realms of plausability....
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The first Afrika Korps..
    Nice one! This reminds me of a great shot of an Allgemeine SS man sporting a full beard, which can be found in the Beaver-Shea book but I'm sure elsewhere... Not a common sight to be sure.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The first Afrika Korps..
    What does the sleeve insignia represent? WW1 Afrika duty?

Glenn

?

Some more interesting images...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

?

Here's this other strange camo type cap. Impossible to be shadows and if it's a camera or negative fault, why just in this area?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

Ben, great pics. Is the luft officer with the cammo cap wearing a KM tunic with a luft eagle?

Jerry

piw
    ?

That last set of pictures is really interesting the paler colour look quite geometric on that second cammo cap. Anyone seen an exsisting version?

Having looked really hard at the first cammo cap in the colour photos I think it might well be a three way colour cap. Excellent thread always good to see something fresh.

?

Gentlemen, feel free to post your DAK/Tropical caps and period photos.
    It would be nice to make this a thread worthy of being pinned at the top of this forum.

Here's my Heer M40 with period applied Luft eagle. New photos taken especially for this forum.
    I've owned a few rare caps but none have generate so many requests to sell as this one!

German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast