Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

German north africa Cap

Article about: Hello Any idea what type of cap does he wear? i added picture Yaniv.

?

Default Re: German north africa Cap

...And quite rightly so. Early m40 caps in untouched condition are hard enough to find....one with Luftwaffe insignia such as Ben's ?? A lifetime find.
    Ben - if you go over the old soutache area with a magnifying loup, are there any coloured threads left?
    Other than mentioning what wonderful images Ben's posted, note the image taken in Italy with teh US serviceman searching POW's. The German wearing a cap which still retains a soutache, long after they were ordered removed.
    The soldier wearing a 1st pattern tunic with 'T' insignia looks to have also been taken in Italy?
    Mark
    Last edited by NZMark; 11-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German north africa Cap
    P
    Many

?

I posted the POW pics because if you notice on both, the one with the Desert boots too, no grommets on the caps.

Mark, my cap has indeed got remains of a lime green soutache. Pz Gren!

Gentlemen, Mark is one of the leading DAK collectors in the World and we are lucky to have him here. I'm sure we'll all learn plenty from his posts. Cheers Mark!

?

Ben,
    Thanks for the very kind words, but No, I ain't! What I am is a one trick pony - I love Heer tropical items and that's nearly all I focus on. Talk to me about cloth uniforms and I'm damn near lost. It's all relative to our interests and that's why communally we can learn from each other.
    Cheers Mate
    Mark
    Last edited by NZMark; 11-17-2010 at 02:21 AM.

?

Been quiet lately so here's a not so recent addition - an Australian soldier's souvenir, possibly from El Alamein, a 1941 Lubstein manufactured from a canvas which has sun-faded to this colour. It is in fact olive in all the recesses.
    Regards,
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German north africa Cap   German north africa Cap  

German north africa Cap  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5