Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German veterans drkb iron cross visor hat

Article about: hello all, Is this an original cap? I think it is but what do you think. cheers, Pat

Default Re: German veterans drkb iron cross visor hat

No problem. The veteran insignia and caps are a minefield ! On the plus side they are also more plentiful and good value compared to other branch of service prices.

I like them

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German veterans drkb iron cross visor hat
    P
    Many

Quote by spandau View Post
    No problem. The veteran insignia and caps are a minefield ! On the plus side they are also more plentiful and good value compared to other branch of service prices.

I like them

cheers

tony
    Tony, they really are easy to collect, and are the cheapest TR visors you will find, and plenty are in good to mint condition. Vet visors have yet to be faked or even reproduced--they just are not worth it. What you do see is post-war BRD vet's visors re-badged with TR insignia. Volume 2 of the Halcomb/Saris book lays out most of the variations of these visors, to include Kyffhauser, Soldatenbund, RKB & NSKOV.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stonemint, roger that !

here's the book referred to....buy all the volumes if you can (4 at moment and vol 5 to be published early 2012)...Mr Saris contributes on the forum.

Also insignia of inter-war kyffhauser as mentioned in above volume below.

cheers

tony

German veterans drkb iron cross visor hatGerman veterans drkb iron cross visor hatGerman veterans drkb iron cross visor hat

These can be dangerous--they are also postwar, but follow the DAF Fest cap design, also used by the NSKOV. Anytime you see a hat with "PEKURO" stamped into the sweatband, it is postwar:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German veterans drkb iron cross visor hat   German veterans drkb iron cross visor hat  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2