Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A good investment?

Article about: I know NSDAP political caps are not that rare but i am trying to acquire one. Would you consider this cap worth your money or are there better ones at a more reasonable price out there? The

Quote by spandau View Post
    If you like it and can afford it then buy it..............

The great advantage with this cap is that the collectors guild is a premium site but has nice examples and two major collectors here have agreed on the authenticity of the piece, that's free advice worth it's weight in gold IMO.

Plus its a very nice cap, hard to upgrade, good luck with the decision

cheers

Tony
    Once again, credible information is given and the lack of a simple thank you is deafening.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A good investment?
    P
    Many

If you listen hard, you can almost hear crickets...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Buy for the enjoyment of the item and not for monetary gain as that will not always be the case.
    This is what collecting is all about IMO, or else why bother. You can either fulfill a passionate pursuit of historical items that interest you or try to a profit from others interest in such items or areas. The pursuit of profit, without true interest in the hobby, tends to pervert things.
    Last edited by relicz; 11-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Once again, credible information is given and the lack of a simple thank you is deafening.
    A frequent and irritating syndrome in this brave, new world.

I think the early NSDAP peaked caps, that is until maybe 1936 or so, are very interesting and worthwhile things to have. I do not find the 1939 model caps as interesting, actually.
    However, to each his own.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.

have the photos been removed ?

No, they are there via the link in post 1.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Saved here for future reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A good investment?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Overpriced and not very attractive, imo... but then again, the positive reaction to the price relative to the cap in question displayed here might be due to something that I'm missing such as rare maker and whatnot. Personally I just don't like them when their shape is this "asymmetrical".

?

Bob is right on both counts; don't collect for investment purposes and the lack of gratitude that purveys today's world is truly astounding at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast