Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: A private purchase Gray S S officer's visor cap

Default Re: Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap

To the left is an early RZM officer's hat that has been soldier converted. the reinforcing band, around the crown was temoved, along with all lining. the sweatband was replaced with green wool. the officer flatwire insignia replaced the metallic.

To the right is one that stands a chance. I have some confident in it's authenticity, but there are others who have more intimate knowledge. For now, it is, at best, suggested original until I find out with greater authority.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap   Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Very nice pieces. Congratulations as ever. One should keep in mind how small were the armed para military formations (SSTV and SSVT) of the SS in the years 1937-1939 or so, when this cap was in its hey day. This being said, original examples endure, but the fakes are legion granted the singular magnetic pull of such a cap.

More rare still are the black variants of this field cap. This photo is courtesy of Derek Chapman. An image of his black cap is posted elsewhere on this website.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gray S S Officer's Visor Cap  

Quote by a.j. Zawadzki View Post
    purely out of curiosity, any comments as to the authenticity of this recently auctioned piece?:

niemcy ii w.s.oryginalna czapka ss model 36 (395960916) - aukcje internetowe allegro

regards,
    tony
    [b] pure trash. Another product of the 4th reich. The hat material looks, and is, brand new. Poorly applied piping. A used sweatband that is poorly finished and shows a fresh cut to the leather in the back. The rzm tag is totally incorrect for this form of hat. The insignia are also reproduction. A hat meant to fool only the uniformed or a beginner.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    [b] pure trash. Another product of the 4th reich. The hat material looks, and is, brand new. Poorly applied piping. A used sweatband that is poorly finished and shows a fresh cut to the leather in the back. The rzm tag is totally incorrect for this form of hat. The insignia are also reproduction. A hat meant to fool only the uniformed or a beginner.
    Bob and Bob, Thanks for the expert assessment. I am not a TR collector, but came across this auction while scouring around for what I do collect and marked it for observation out of curiosity. I suspected fake based on the obvious inconsistent wear of some of the components. It appears that someone has made a very costly error.

Regards,
    Tony

Good info!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2