Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Article about: Another observation. Black caps of the pre-war years always seemed to have been issued with Deschler TK's and most often of the cupal variety. Rarely do you see them with any other maker of

Default Re: Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Thanks FB and i have many of Manion's catalogs from the 70's.I understand your reluctance to add the text.Many of the members are to young to know what nice items Manion's had in his catalogs and the opening of the mail box with a copy of the latest pieces that were being auctioned off.It brings back memories of the days when you could try to win some very nice pieces without dropping a ton of money.Good health to you and we all look foward to your foetid woolens!Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia
    Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Thanks FB and i have many of Manion's catalogs from the 70's.I understand your reluctance to add the text.Many of the members are to young to know what nice items Manion's had in his catalogs and the opening of the mail box with a copy of the latest pieces that were being auctioned off.It brings back memories of the days when you could try to win some very nice pieces without dropping a ton of money.Good health to you and we all look foward to your foetid woolens!Carl
    Memories are poignant and bitter, to be sure. The cover of the catalog I enclosed is not that which contains the SS material. Let no one think that this black SS material was easily or handily found at all. Hardly. This was a signal moment.
    The whole thing was very different, but no less breath taking. One had more time to think, and the sums of money were somewhat more sensible. I am always amazed at the prices now, and will leave speculation to others on the future of same.
    What is plain is that the sociology and demographics of this pursuit are utterly different from former times.
    Happy foetid woolens to all continents. Good health to you, in turn.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8