Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello All, I haven't added anything to my collection in a while. I've been looking for my first field-grey SS visor for quite some time, and was able to acquired this from BenVK recently. Be

Default Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze

Hello All,

I haven't added anything to my collection in a while. I've been looking for my first field-grey SS visor for quite some time, and was able to acquired this from BenVK recently.

Ben did a wonderful job of replacing the ruined sweatband with a nice original one.

The cap is in excellent condition and I'm happy that it's the earlier uncommon example.

I'm very pleased to have it in my collection. About what year would this had been manufactured? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze   Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze  

Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze   Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

these insignia are from '41 on to late war

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    these insignia are from '41 on to late war
    Thanks Sid,

Ben informed me that they were the zinc type, Overhoff TK (skull) and a Zimmerman eagle. added for wartime use.

?

The pangs of regret are kicking in now that it's gone, it looks great in these new photos!

I have the satisfaction of knowing it's gone to a very good home with Karl so hat makes up for it.

Quote by Karl S. View Post
    Thanks Sid,

Ben informed me that they were the zinc type, Overhoff TK (skull) and a Zimmerman eagle. added for wartime use.
    These are indeed a "frosted" zink overhoff and Zimmermann set.

Wonderful cap and so expertly redone.

I do not know when these caps were made. I own two pre war grey SS caps for officers, and one I think is from 1938-9, but it has no runics.

Maybe Mr. d'Alquen or Wim Saris can give a definitive word.

We are happy that Ben's work receives such credit. I must get one of this type at some point.

?

In the past, I was inclined to believe that the zinc paraphernalia were of all of wartime manufacture but not anymore.
    This cap didn't strike me as ever having any other insignia attached apart from those seen here.
    I think the cap is circa 1937 or 38.

Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar SchirmmützeThe Mollo book has things to say on the date of these, as do the Beaver books, with its contradictory citations of documents.
    Here is an early 1937 image in which the officers have a grey cap and the NCO has a black cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-20-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Grey SS EM/ NCO's Prewar SchirmmützeThe eagle and buttons on the cap on the left are marked 1938. The cap on the right is a wartime cap, with its price tag that does or does not have a date on it.

?

Very nice.Isnt that quite a large size particularly for some one living during the war years?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast