MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hats with no insignia at all

Article about: What are these two guys all about?

Default Re: Hats with no insignia at all

Hats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allThe nationalities issue of the Habsburg empire and its successor states has been an academic, professional and personal interest of mine along with the old hats since I first went to Vienna in 1971.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hats with no insignia at all
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You betcha. The image of Schickelgruber and co with Henlein in the big Mercedes Gelaendeauto is very good. Are there more like it where you found it?
    I knew you'd like that one!
    Not sure if there are more but will look.

Hats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allTo pluck the caps off their Nazi heads, had we the means to reach through the screen...

?

We are in luck!
    More Sudetenland photos here:

NAZI JERMAN: Album Foto Pengambil-alihan Sudetenland oleh Jerman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hats with no insignia at all  

?

I wonder how many caps we own that could be in these period photos?

Very interesting stuff Gents, a really great read and the photos are great as well.

Cheers, Pat

Quote by BenVK View Post
    We are in luck!
    More Sudetenland photos here:

NAZI JERMAN: Album Foto Pengambil-alihan Sudetenland oleh Jerman
    Thank you, Ben, very good material some of which I know. This site is apparently an Indonesian site of some young chap with a good eye for historical detail, but with a pretty nasty political agenda...? I cannot tell.

Further proof of globalization, Goebbels would be pleased, but someone needs to see if the site is political. His Facebook page does not seem to be. What a world we live in, but I am always happy to see people outside of the North Atlantic world interested in our stuff.

I guess I should go to Asia and teach European history. Actually, my south Asian students were always wonderful and eager to read any book I would mention, which was surely not the case with many of my other students who kick up a huge fuss.

No wonder the prices for this junk are going up.

Thanks.

Hats with no insignia at allHere is the young man himself. Very intriguing. Maybe he will buy my collection.

Hats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allHats with no insignia at allMy piece of the Sudetenland thing is this, a black uniform of the Allgem. SS Standarte in the Egerland, in Saaz. US troops got as far as Pilsen, as you know. This cap is in the Wilkins book.
    It is an enlisted cap that was amended, and not very expertly at that. The uniform is also an enlisted uniform that was amended, in turn. I imagine the owner was some impoverished SS man......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-14-2013 at 09:11 PM.

?

It's a most peculiar website but he has gathered together some very interesting period images.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's a most peculiar website but he has gathered together some very interesting period images.
    He has a good eye and huge energy. Maybe someone should encourage him to join here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast