Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Artillerie Schirmmütze

Article about: Hi friends, This visor cap just arrived in the mail from SV Militaria. I was looking for an original Heer visor cap to round out my uniform display. I'm still looking for a field cap - prefe

II Abteilung, personnel, early 1939

II. Abteilung (II./AR23)
    Kommandeur Major Marcard
    Adjutant Leutnant Paschke
    Ordonnanzoffizier Leutnant Henrich (AR26)
    Abt.-Veterinär Veterinär Georg-Wilhelm Rieck

4. Batterie
    Chef Leutnant von Hagenow
    Batterie Offizier Leutnant Jüttner kdt. h. Reit- u. Fahrschule
    Batterie Offizier Leutnant Schuppan (AR75)
    Batterie Offizier Leutnant Kemper

5. Batterie
    Chef Oberleutnant Seβler
    Batterie Offizier Leutnant Ruppert

6. Batterie
    Chef Oberleutnant Würtz (A. Lehr-Rgt.)
    Batterie Offizier Leutnant Lenssen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillerie Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Heer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeThe cap is made by Lubstein on contract for issue to troops, as you deduce.

It had to go from Alt Moabit to Potsdam, probably via the quartermaster for Berlin.

Here is the Heeresbekleidungsamt in Bernau as it appears today, or yesterday.

It was erected in 1939 ff for the needs of the wartime army.

The bw image is of the Alex in the 1930s, or so, where Lubstein ended up, also as part of its mobilization posture made easier by aryanization.

Alex was the garment district, and after 1938, its Jewish population was ethnically cleansed and the property of these persons seized by the regime.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-23-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Friedrich, thanks for those posts. I agree, something with use and history is preferable! Here is the jacket I will match it up with for display. The early date is a good match. NH

Heer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie Schirmmützeor Lubstein in 1936 was still in Moabit. I cannot recall. Someone else knows and will tell us.

viz:

Robert Lubstein Berlin NW 21, Alt Moabit 105

Circa 1938/9, the firm moved to bigger quarters in the garment district in what was, despite the thoughts of
    a self styled cap scholar, an aryanized property in the vicinity of Alexanderplatz.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-23-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Friedrich, thanks for those posts. I agree, something with use and history is preferable! Here is the jacket I will match it up with for display. The early date is a good match. NH

Very nice. I think the two things fit very nicely. I am not a Feldbluse person, but that one is tailor made, is it not? It is gabardine, but that is picco bello.

I see by the description of AR 23 II that they had a veterinarian. This means they were Berittenen Artillerie. Also good because here are the Reithose I plan to use in the display. NH

Heer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie Schirmmütze

Very nice, poetic Lederbesatz, wie aus dem Bilderbuch!

Heer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeOn the theme of Potsdam and its soldiers, then and now.

Heer Artillerie SchirmmützeHeer Artillerie SchirmmützeThere is a foundation dedicated to the reconstruction of the Garrison Church in the Breite Strasse which arouses strong political opposition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2