Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

Article about: Please, I need some opinions about this Artillery Officer Visor Cap, and a notion about it's value: Regards, Ricardo

Default re: Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

cheers FB. That's more promising for you RR !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

R.R
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This kind of paper sweat band is very fragile and is easily wrecked by decades of collectors ravaging such caps in search of the magic that is always beneath the sweat band.
    The tunic and overcoat look perfectly real to me, and of much higher quality than a prop from a film. The Schulterstuecke are not attached properly.
    Hi Friedrich,

OK, and what do you think about the visor cap itself?

Regards,

Ricardo

Quote by R.R View Post
    Hi Friedrich,

OK, and what do you think about the visor cap itself?

Regards,

Ricardo
    I do not like to disagree with people whose judgment I respect, but it looks like a late war Schellenberg, actually. The wreath may also be broken, and hence out of line.

In any case, all these picture are never a substitute to examine the thing.

Eskimo caps as this should have a textile of the weight for headwear and not for tunics and overcoats.

Heer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeI have a grey SS cap with the identical sweat band, and it was wrecked by collectors. To each his own, though.

Again, the only way really to tell is to look at the thing in hand. These to and fro things about electric pictures is a hall of mirrors.

God knows, I was witness to collectors fiddling with shoulder boards to embellish tunics and such.

A properly affixed shoulder board is very clear versus those misapplied by amateurs.

I used to collect army caps and still have several, actually.

R.R
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

In any case, all these picture are never a substitute to examine the thing.
    Unfortunatelly the group is so far from me for a hand examination before purchase. But depending opinions I collect from the other pieces and if this visor has a good chance, I can risk something with the seller. I'm negotiating another piece with him and I'll ask some more pictures to have a better vision what we have here.

Thanks and regards,

Ricardo

FB always happy to be educated and indeed corrected in any judgement call I make !

Every day is a learning opportunity and my only experience of this style of cap was a bad one, hence my caution.

So, Ricardo based on our learned colleagues extensive collecting experience and expertise (trying not to sound too sycophantic FB) your back on !

cheers

Tony

Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze
    Quote by spandau View Post
    FB always happy to be educated and indeed corrected in any judgement call I make !

Every day is a learning opportunity and my only experience of this style of cap was a bad one, hence my caution.

So, Ricardo based on our learned colleagues extensive collecting experience and expertise (trying not to sound too sycophantic FB) your back on !

cheers

Tony
    I might be entirely wrong, but I watch Schellenberg caps because I have an SS one. In any case, I will be happy to examine these things in person and give an upcheck or downcheck.
    Our Mr. Tony is a scholar and a gentleman and also decorates his museum with a refined skill I greatly admire. He also shows exemplary fortitude and energy in having written a nice book.
    My books don't have nice pictures at all, which is sad.

PS I think the cap in the upper right, 6, is not real......

These are old pictures I hijacked from other sites....

Heer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeThis is an eskimo cap of the era.

FB,

Your pictures on the forum add value to many a collector and enthusiast instead !

Danke

R.R
    ?

Hi Friedrich,

I have saved in my computer some nice SS caps pictures, you have posted here some times ago. Allways a good references for me.

Regards,

Ricardo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast