Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse

Article about: One of my favorite makers.

?

Default Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse

One of my favorite makers.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse  Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse

im no expert and i think other more expierenced members should post for sure. But noob opinion is that i dont feel right about it.

my opinion.to new looking the swastika is awful.Iwould not touch it.

?

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. Study this visor and learn what a textbook Marke Standard Extra Klasse visor looks like. It has been vetted already on another forum(WAF) Read this thread;

Marke Standard Cavalry Officer - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

and hopefully this forums moderator, Stonemint, will see this thread and give the same opinion as on the other forums thread.
    All of the visors I intended to post have already been seen on the WAF. If there is no real interest here to see authentic visors from a variety of makers and maybe learn something from them then I'll stop wasting anyone's time.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    my opinion.to new looking the swastika is awful.Iwould not touch it.
    Believing that if something is "too new looking" it is bad is surely a terrible mindset to have for collecting any of this regalia. Yes, these things are 70 years old-- but certainly many, many examples have been preserved well. There are pieces more "new looking" than even Erich's very nice cap. Regalia in the Third Reich was crafted by a large number of firms, and differences and idiosyncrasies are to be found among pieces.

piw
    ?

The "I think its fake/I dont think its fake" arguement can get a little tedious. I hope the owner just enjoys owning it - why collect otherwise?

It is very nice example.

Guys, as Tony has already mentioned, don't fall into the trap of thinking good condition always equals "fake". An original item even in mint condition will show very subtle signs of age but often this will be hard to see in a picture. Here is where hands on examination comes in. But the materials and craftsmanship used in the cap of just what I would expect to see. The interesting part of this cap is the unusual rendition of the swastika on the cap eagle.

Erich please carry on showing more please!

Cheers, Ade.

Guys, we have already lost a valuable member because of negative comments regarding an item. Unless you are absolutely sure of what you are saying AND can back it up, the best comment is to say nothing. Comments like "too new" or "this and that don't look right" do nothing for the community.

You will notice whenever Ade posts (and a lot of others) He will say exactly why he thinks that way. Erich is a well know collector of headwear, and believe me if he has it, you can bet your life he hasn't bought it on one picture
    They are still out there in this condition. and when they surface a lot of people do not believe them, Un-founded IMHO.

We have a lot to thank (or curse) the likes of Janke

BTW................nice cap

Very nice Erich, I love the saddle shape of that one.

Default Re: Heer Cavalry officers schirmutze - Marke Standard Extra Klasse

Erich

Thanks for this Good post.

I was always interested in seeing some pics of a good example by this maker.

I passed on one a few years back because I heard that you need to watch out with the Extra Klasse make and wasn't 100% sure what to look for.

Nice to have a bit more ammo for next time.

If I may I will post an EREL example while i'm on. This is marked ....Gepruft KR 18............a regiment with a long lineage.

cheers

Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast