Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer cloth cap eagle - help please

Article about: Here is one sold by mike Davis of virtual grenadier the photos are courtesy of his website.

Default Heer cloth cap eagle - help please

This is supposed to be a cap eagle for feldmutze, but I cannot seem to find anything to compare with. Starting to have my doubts about it. What say you? Thanks for the assistance.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer cloth cap eagle - help please   Heer cloth cap eagle - help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer cloth cap eagle - help please
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer cloth cap eagle - help please

Hi Tom, it might be Italian made? It reminds me of Italian made breast eagles. The design is really pretty horrid though.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. It is a bit ugly isn't it. All I am worried about is if it is a good period piece or not and you have given me some hope.
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    I tend to agree with Ade not pretty but maybe Italian and original, but at the moment I am attending an archeaology conference in the outer hebrides and I cannot access my archives. As soon as I can I will email the pics to a friend and he will know for certain, but I might not be able to do it before the weekend.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Good luck with your conference. Appreciate any help you can give.
    Tom

Original italian made hat eagle usually seen on italian made m43 hats by Brevan.

Quote by Dennis S View Post
    Original italian made hat eagle usually seen on italian made m43 hats by Brevan.
    Thanks Dennis.

Tom

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

As Ade said, this eagle resembles the so called Italian breast eagles. The construction and materials appear to be the same.

Dennis, I would love to see some pictures of this eagle mounted to a hat. I am not familiar with it at all.

I have always had a hard time accepting the breast eagles as Italian manufacture. Most of the Italian eagles that I am familiar with are definitely not as nicely manufactured as this cap eagle.

Fred

The Italian versions I have seen tend to be breast eagle sized, hard to say with this one how big it is.

Sorry for the very slow reply Tom, I'll get my coat.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The Italian versions I have seen tend to be breast eagle sized, hard to say with this one how big it is.

Sorry for the very slow reply Tom, I'll get my coat.
    No worries Jerry. It was a small badge, definitely a cap badge not breast. Unfortunately long since been sold on.....

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast