Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer cloth cap eagle - help please

Article about: Here is one sold by mike Davis of virtual grenadier the photos are courtesy of his website.

Here is one sold by mike Davis of virtual grenadier the photos are courtesy of his website.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer cloth cap eagle - help please   Heer cloth cap eagle - help please  

Heer cloth cap eagle - help please   Heer cloth cap eagle - help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer cloth cap eagle - help please
    P
    Many

Fred, the italian made breast eagles you speak of are a different type probably hand done.
    Actually there is a big brother breast eagle made nicely as the one that started the thread just larger.

Here is one from my collection with the eagle hand sewn on improperly (reverse side up) on an italian or French made tropical hat.

I also have one like the first one from virtual grenadier that I posted , but only with the cockade . It was a veteran bring back from a vet from Raritan NJ.

Of interest not with any connection to the hat, Raritan NJ was the town MOH winner John Basilone was from John Basilone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer cloth cap eagle - help please   Heer cloth cap eagle - help please  

Last edited by Dennis S; 12-05-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Dennis,

The Italian breast eagle I refer to is the big brother of this eagle. I have always heard of them referred to as Italian eagles but I have never known what the connection was. Were they sewn on uniforms made in an Italian factory for Germans?? I have never seen one applied on a uniform in a period picture or in hand. This cap eagle is made on typical Italian wool. The application to this hat is nice. I am not familiar with these Italian made hats either.

I am more familiar with the very ugly, but highly collectable, hand made Italian eagles. Thank you.

Fred

Fred , here is the big brother breast eagle. I would assume they were used on italian manufactured German tunics made of Italian wool as the m43 hats.

Certain units of the RSI such as the" IX of September " who were attached to Brandenburger wore breast eagles on Italian wool tunics along with German or German style m43 hats.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for the quick reply and nice eagle. I have seen another eagle very much like this but not quite the same. I will have to find the photo. I do not own one.

Fred

Here are some photos of Italians wearing breast eagles on their Italian tunics , some May or may not be the breast eagle discussed.

The best candidate is photo 2. One or two of the others is definitely not.

The three pictures in the row were part of a collage only the center photo can be seen a breast eagle.

Also note the m43 hats

Heer cloth cap eagle - help please   Heer cloth cap eagle - help please  

Heer cloth cap eagle - help pleaseI just bought this Italian made TENO eagle. Hope you like it.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

A friend of mine does not think that this is a TeNo eagle but a stylized Army eagle. No matter what it is typically Italian manufacture. IMO

Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2