MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze

Article about: Hello I needs your opinions about this cap. Thank you in advance for help in this matter.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Possibly the most difficult TR headgear to vet. Also, possibly the most desirable. There were so many manufacturers of these, all with slightly different construction patterns. I have handled unissued originals as well as "high end" fakes & have been stumped many times at shows to just put them back on the table & walk away.

I also know of a collector who imported in from Germany a large amount of high end fakes about 5 years ago that are "mind boggling" in their similarities to originals.
    Couldn't agree more David. Indeed one of the most difficult to vet. That's why so often inquiries pertaining to these go unanswered. So I bumped her for a discussion. You are spot on as there's really no such thing as textbook in regards to authenticating them. It's unfortunately more of a feel. Ade Stevenson imo has an extremely good grasp on them and his opinion would be the deciding factor to me. As always looking forward to the outcome. Kindest regards buddy, happy you chimed in as your grasp on soft headgear i also hold in the highest regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze
    P
    Many

The whole situation is unfortunate. Many collectors would like one of these in their collection. Many times, pictures won't do it. They have to be handled & just have a certain wear to them. The minty unissued ones, I don't have the experience to acquire one. I like the worn salty ones better anyway.

Thanks for your compliment...feel the same about you.
    David

Time constrains and pressures of work prior to Christmas left me no time to comment.

It is a good unissued cap.

Compare to the two I have posted today.

Cheers, Ade.

PS Edited the thread title, lets not use horrid collector terminology.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    lets not use horrid collector terminology
    This I agree fully with you Ade.
    To often the wrong terminilogy is being used by some and even the "experts"!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2