Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer Infanterie Offiziere Schirmmütze

Article about: My newest cap, and a special thanks to Tony and Ben who helped me. She hasent arrived yet. But the sellers photos are and will be much better then mine. Hope you enjoy! I might have her rest

?

Default Re: Heer Infanterie Offiziere Schirmmütze

Love it pat!
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infanterie Offiziere Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Congratulations Patrick!
    You are on your way to a fine cap collection. I also like them with a bit of wear, they have a special "look" about them.
    As Adrian has said, much nicer to look at than a relic DK.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you all! You all should expect anouther thread soon

I am happy with it. And because my cap collection is growing pretty fast, I bought 450 sheets of acid free tissue paper.

Thanks again friends and yes, she looks alot better than the relic DK

Cheers, Pat

?

Well done young Pat, you got yourself a fine hat there at a bargain price.

What you need to restore the shape is a hat stretcher like this. They seem readily available in the States but hard to find in the UK. Maybe I should import a few dozen and sell them~!
    HALLETT HAT STRETCHER Fedora cowboy western ballcap | eBay

Alternatively, you could buy one of these or make one yourself but make sure you cover it with acid free paper first.
    Polystyrene Hat Block Millinery Crafts Hat Making 57 cms | eBay

it's always brillant to see a young collector here, when I had your age, I lost lot of money with bad collectors and ( sellers ) internet was a little star on the heaven...

With Internet and the militaria Forum, many collectors and great inspection are born, friendchip, knowledge,help, and money saved

Pat, take your time, post your items here, and you are lucky with these very nice great collectors, like BenVk a true gentleman and cap expert, our FB the SS Blacky friend, Adrian a respectable admin and many other great collectors....

take care dear pat
    Seba

Congratulations Pat,
    The first one is always special. Be careful as others have said, this hobby can be addictive. I was fortunate, when I was a young lad in the 1960s.

There were a lot of veterans in my neighborhood and I would trade with there kids. The only thing I kept was a nice M40 double decal combat police helmet.

?

~Ben.
    Thanks for the links, I am pennyless at the moment, but when the cap arrives I will get a better idea on it.

~Seba
    Thanks, the cap experts here have helped me alot, beileve me, I have asked them many, many times for there oppinion on a cap. I rather ask privatly then make a thread.
    Thanks again, You have some very nice caps yourself

~Karl
    Thank you, this is not my first cap mind you, but my first infantry branch. Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers, Pat

You are Welcome my new friend !

Take care and Congratulation again nice cap
    Seba

?

Well she arrived today.
    She is very nice, but very worn and salty.

Heer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere SchirmmützeHeer Infanterie Offiziere Schirmmütze

Cheers, Pat

Very nice ! dont touch the cap, it's perfect

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast