Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: This SS cap in foreground has thin cords...such as it is.... - - Updated - - The thickness of said item varied in the III. Reich.

Default re: Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeThis is a nice infantry cap but not my property. It is an early Wagner and for sale on the ding bat site. I have a similar one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmützemy property. No less pleasing at a funny angle.

Glenn, If the cords look really "new" and nice and shiney then they may well be post war. There were two types made pre war a thicker and thiner type, have a look at that old reference book of mine and it shows some examples and I give some comment on them. The best option, if unsure, IMO is to go for the thicker as I don't think they made them post war ?

Also the NVA ones have little flexibility and are stiffer in feel.......material used I think.

As with all things a minefield..............I was going to stick to collecting buttons but apparently they too have many issues as well !

makes it all the more fun.

cheers

Tony

ps nice caps FB.

Infantry caps are reasonably plentiful and pleasing things to collect, and one should not be put off by the normal friction that is associated with all of this.
    The NVA cords are not as well made as the Wehrmacht ones, at least in my experience. I was collecting this regalia decades before the DDR went tango ultra, and authentic cords are also fairly easy to find.

Thanks I agree a chincord isn't much many have been replaced or never had them taken off by Vets kids or even the German they were really for decoration. This one is not stiff it is lightweight Aluminum weave unlike NVA i have compared it to. This hat had this chincord long before East Germany fell and the surplus stuff came in. My main chincord problem is I have two EM without the leather EM cords and haven't been able to find a decent one may have settle for a remake. timothy

Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeArmy caps surely have their merits.....

Super bunch of rare caps Friedrich! thanks for showing some of them are the thicker chincord like I have on a Luftwaffe not the thinner Aluminum ones are they timothy

Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeThanks. Certain of the Panzer are gone now, but I have gotten others, i.e. the Feldmuetze and such.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-09-2013 at 05:09 AM.

My one and only cap thus far which I think has the thinner cords?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    My one and only cap thus far which I think has the thinner cords?

Very nice item. I would name those thick cords, actually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast