Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !

Article about: Thought id show one of my favourite caps , being a Jager Bergmutze . The insignia is the standard Bevo trapezoid used on most M43 Einheitzfeldmutze . I wonder if pre 43 jager used the T shap

Default Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !

Thought id show one of my favourite caps , being a Jager Bergmutze . The insignia is the standard Bevo trapezoid used on most M43 Einheitzfeldmutze . I wonder if pre 43 jager used the T shaped insignia as Gebirgsjager ?
    The feel of this cap is very much that it was well worn , the sweatstains being very apparent in the rayon lining edge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !   Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !  

Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !   Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !

very nice ,and i would quite call it salty, IMO, but nicely worn.Thanks for sharing.

?

A one look original M43 and not a Bergmuetze so the application of the trapezoid insignia is correct. You quite often see the T shaped bird folded in a trapezoid shape and then stitched onto M43s as well.

The Bergmuetze was a slightly different animal, constructed in a different way.

Thanks for comments . This does however have the short peak associated with bergmutze and not the longer M43 peak . I realise its not with sweatband in leather .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !   Heer jager bergmutze ,late war , salty !  

So to sum up . Does an M 43 cap with short peak mean anything compared to normal longer peak Einheitzfeldmutze ? The latter i compare with i bought in Sevastopol . Its really nice in large 58cm size and must be early 43 issue as has fielgrey wool from Early war , greener shade and cotton rather than rayon lining .

?

I've noticed in period photos that the Jaeger boys quite often wore M43s with shorter than usual peaks.
    Like this one that I sold recently.
    Still not a Bergmuetze though.

Nice one !
    So this is just M43 variant to Jaeger ? What did Jaegar wear before 1943 ?