Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer NCO Schirmmutze

Article about: Item #1 from todays local military show (I must say of the 25 or so tables, all but two tables selling WWII items, were selling really bad fakes and....most buyers were clueless......thank g

MAP
    ?

Default Heer NCO Schirmmutze

Item #1 from todays local military show (I must say of the 25 or so tables, all but two tables selling WWII items, were selling really bad fakes and....most buyers were clueless......thank goodness for WRF and what I've learned here. That education it really my favorite Xmas gift)

OK....a fairly common visor but oddly one that was always missing from my collection. I really dig this one. It is an issue cap. But the great thing is that is has honest use but is still in fantastic condition.

Leather sweatband is still soft but with stains. Sweat shield is slightly torn but still in place.

Absolutely no mothing. Cockade has the felt "button" (sorry, forgot what it is called).

Does anyone know what the "54" stamp is. I am sure it is the size but the dealer thought it is the maker code? Don't think he is right.

Picture came with cap, but soldier is wearing a different visor so not original.

All in all, excellent patina but fantastic condition. I'm really happy about this one.

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

Heer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO SchirmmutzeHeer NCO Schirmmutze
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer NCO Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Great pick-up. Contract caps in this condition are very hard to find.
    54 would be the size.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Great pick-up. Contract caps in this condition are very hard to find. 54 would be the size.
    Thanks again for your feedback.

Agree, that is why I've had the hole in my collection for so long. :-)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Absolutely lovely, Michael!

In my early days of this in the late 1960s and early 1970s, such issue caps in unused condition and in all branches were had for USD 25 or less. They were hardly rare at all in said epoch. Congratulations. The poetry of finding things in the former way had much to recommend it. Happy hats.

very nice cap.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In my early days of this in the late 1960s and early 1970s, such issue caps in unused condition and in all branches were had for USD 25 or less. They were hardly rare at all in said epoch. Congratulations. The poetry of finding things in the former way had much to recommend it. Happy hats.
    Thank you both! Thumbs up from you as well as Chris are a Christmas present in itself!

Regards,

Michael

and "54" is indeed 54 cms. The maker's name on army caps tends to be on the inside of the sweat band in those made until 1939, which is most of the ones I know....

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Thanks FB,

I found it odd that my dealer friend said it was the maker code and it threw me for a curve as I knew it was wrong but I thought "hey, maybe there is more for me to learn". He is actually quite good but his table was swamped and he probably just misspoke.

Yes, this has no visible stamps inside the sweatband, so it is a later version. But oh how I always love to put a name to a face.....

and "54" is indeed 54 cms. The maker's name on army caps tends to be on the inside of the sweat band in those made until 1939, which is most of the ones I know....

The NSDAP and its branches had the RZM to regulate the regalia of the party and its parts, and after 1935 or so, the only maker's mark was a license number, since trade marks were prohibited. I.e. the number on the RZM tag.
    These army contract caps have the maker as I noted, if the stamp is present. The army, of course, was an institution of the Reich and earlier of the kingdoms and principalities, with its own quartermaster system which had more or less been the model for the NSDAP. The clothing economy of the army as pertains to head wear is well interpreted in the Rest Militaria Verlag works I have cited here.
    After a certain point, known by others, a code system of Reichbetriebe and its number system was introduced, but I do not collect such war time Wehrmacht regalia.
    I collect black SS uniforms, but I also have a dozen or so army officer extra caps, as they are an old love of mine.
    The Extra caps usually have the maker's name, but not in 100% of cases.

- - ------- - -

None of this is very simple, really.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast