Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HEER NCO VISOR - Thoughts??

Article about: Got this Heer NCO Visor in the mail today. Thoughts are appreciated. I am told it is an Army Engineer Visor? Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much for the helpful advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HEER NCO VISOR - Thoughts??
    P
    Many

I took these photos in the sunlight.
    It looks to me like it was yellow piping dyed black.
    The dye appears to me to have been done a long while ago.
    Here are the photos.
    Also the blue/grey of the hat itself is faded.
    I did not take photos but you can see behind the cap eagle the original brighter colour.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HEER NCO VISOR - Thoughts??   HEER NCO VISOR - Thoughts??  

?

I stand corrected. The piping does look like it was dyed. Close up pictures will always reveal the truth. The fading is just simple exposure to sunlight

Hi

If the cap piping was originally yellow and the owner label you showed is from that cap then some one has dyed the piping of a perfectly good cavalry cap............which is a real shame.

If you pinch the piping between your fingers and have a look between where the piping is sowed into the cap you will probably see the original cornflower yellow.

Still an original cap though so that's a bonus.

Hope that helps

cheers

Tony

Thank you Tony.
    I am sure it was dyed at some time.
    Is it unlikely is it that the visor would have been dyed during the war?
    It does not appear to me to have been recently done.

MAP
    ?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    I took these photos in the sunlight.
    It looks to me like it was yellow piping dyed black.
    The dye appears to me to have been done a long while ago.
    Here are the photos.
    Also the blue/grey of the hat itself is faded.
    I did not take photos but you can see behind the cap eagle the original brighter colour.
    From the new photos, it is as I suspected. A dyed waffenfarbe. I can't say who, when, where or why. We can only guess. Much will depend on the provenance and research if you can track this Reiter down and see if he moved from the Calvary to combat Engineers.

If this sat in a display case in the sun fading is to be expected. But the moment I saw the original photos I was sure the piping was messed with at one point.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, As map says could have been done anytime..............possible war time but IMO unlikely as transfer to another unit would result in a re-issue of kit and as this was a private purchase cap and therefore expensive for an enlisted man why would he wreck it ? Never know the answer but we can but speculate. Still an nice cap if it has come from the vets estate..... cheers Tony

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    From the new photos, it is as I suspected. A dyed waffenfarbe. I can't say who, when, where or why. We can only guess. Much will depend on the provenance and research if you can track this Reiter down and see if he moved from the Calvary to combat Engineers.

If this sat in a display case in the sun fading is to be expected. But the moment I saw the original photos I was sure the piping was messed with at one point.
    MAP: admire your eagle eye!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3