Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Article about: You got lucky old chap ! It looks like it may well be a good one. Looking forward to more pics cheers tony

Default Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Hi guys,

I rarely collect Bundeswehr items, but this was rather cheap and I am impressed by the history behind it. I just won this in auction for $18. The material was advertised as being "moleskin-like"? I'm not sure what that means but here you go gentlemen, let the comments fly.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Very early M34 style West German Heer cap

Hi Mo, this is not West German.

Appears to be a Heer Officers M38. (M34 was for enlisted men)

I would be interested to see the markings. Looks to be interesting cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'd also like to see more details and bigger photos please.

As Ade said, you could have an original Heer Officers cap here.

?

Mo , if that turns out to be the real deal you've got a real steal for 18 bucks, you jammy devil

No such cap was worn in the Bundeswehr. The Bw field cap was in the Fliegerschnitt, as it remains to this day. I agree, that this cap appears perfectly authentic to me, and a pleasing piece. You have done well. Or, the field cap in the Bw was more or less similar to earth grey, or an olive drab color, not unlike the pre war SS or the SA. No field grey has been used in the Bw at any time, at all.Heer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 Feldmütze

I have to admit that I know little about German overseas caps, no matter when they were made. This is a great way come home, though!

I really liked how this cap looked, so I went for it, Bundeswehr or not. When it arrives I will take better photos of it. If this cap turns out to be a wartime example then I will be a jammy devil for sure, Dave. haha

Would a mod mind moving and renaming this thread please?

ObKreiger...a stunning cap to be sure ! but as Ade and FB stated not BW ! see here for a selection of BW caps.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

The West Germans originally were to be in the European Defense Community, which had an Anglo Saxon battle dress uniform, with the monkey jacket, and pretty devoid of anything remotely akin to the field uniform of German armies for the half century prior. The EDC disappeared in the summer of 1954, and by the time the Bw was ready about a year plus later, the West Germans embraced a slate grey uniform with touches of this battle dress, as well as a kind of bland double breasted coat and a monkey jacket. The Bundesgrenzschutz, established in 1952, has a green uniform with touches of the Wehrmacht to it, in a way, but your cap is also not BGS, either. My British friend enclosed some examples of Bw headwear. Only the camouflage of the early Bw uniform had a Wehrmacht aspect to it.Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

The grey uniform especially of the new West German army was so unpopular that it was ditched, and a new uniform, but hardly field grey, was introduced in 1957.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast