Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Article about: You got lucky old chap ! It looks like it may well be a good one. Looking forward to more pics cheers tony

Default Re: Very early M34 style West German Heer cap

Good job man, that is most definitely the way to score Moleskin is a dense almost velvet (much thinner) like material. Moleskin German surplus combat trousers are excellent. A cap made of that stuff would feel like real quality, I hope it's the real deal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The West Germans originally were to be in the European Defense Community, which had an Anglo Saxon battle dress uniform, with the monkey jacket, and pretty devoid of anything remotely akin to the field uniform of German armies for the half century prior. The EDC disappeared in the summer of 1954, and by the time the Bw was ready about a year plus later, the West Germans embraced a slate grey uniform with touches of this battle dress, as well as a kind of bland double breasted coat and a monkey jacket. The Bundesgrenzschutz, established in 1952, has a green uniform with touches of the Wehrmacht to it, in a way, but your cap is also not BGS, either. My British friend enclosed some examples of Bw headwear. Only the camouflage of the early Bw uniform had a Wehrmacht aspect to it.Attachment 324317
    Great info, thanks! I love how you called it the 'Anglo-Saxon uniform'. haha

I suppose I was mistaken then, I thought that the swastika was removed but upon closer inspection I can see now that it is very much still there.

I got my invoice today, with shipping and the fees it came out to $27. It should be here soon! When it arrives, I will be sure to post better photos. The only other info I have on it is that it is marked 'UCI' with a stylized '6' on the inside.

Thank you guys for making my day!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Great info, thanks! I love how you called it the 'Anglo-Saxon uniform'. haha

I suppose I was mistaken then, I thought that the swastika was removed but upon closer inspection I can see now that it is very much still there.
    You are a lucky man. It is a very nice cap, and well worth the less than twenty dollars. You paid a 1968 price for the thing. Be grateful. Fortune smiles on you. Now you should become an exchange student.

The Anglo Saxon uniform is spot on, as the British battle dress and the U.S. uniform of similar type were the prototypes for the EDC. An arcane, little known point, but my knowledge extends past the point that Adolf and Eva knocked themselves off in the bunker.

Happy hats for you.

I cannot even pay 27 dollars to get the moth nips fixed on an SS armband, or the black lint from an SS tunic.

Heer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHere are early 1960s Bw Schiffchen, somewhat in the cut of the Wehrmacht, but in the Eislaus fabric, which is olive drab, earth grey, or whatever. This textile is akin to Einheitstuch in its hand, that is feel, of the army of the 1933-1945 era, but the color is quite different. Your Schiffchen is plainly of doeskin, moleskin, a very fine textile of excellent quality and unmistakable field grey color.

Heer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHere are early 1960s Bw Schiffchen, somewhat in the cut of the Wehrmacht, but in the Eislaus fabric, which is olive drab, earth grey, or whatever. This textile is akin to Einheitstuch in its hand, that is feel, of the army of the 1933-1945 era, but the color is quite different. Your Schiffchen is plainly of doeskin, moleskin, a very fine textile of excellent quality and unmistakable field grey color.
    Thanks again for a series of fine posts. I suppose I should have known, when I first looked at this cap, that it was a piece from Germany's Germany and not the world's Germany.

When I come to Germany as an exchange student I will make sure that I major in foetid woolens, and that you are my professor. That would be a great thing to go to college for.

It's a good thing I got this cap. Black lint is about the only SS thing I can afford.

Happy hats for you too, now lets see a new find of yours. Black is a such a nice color.

Default re: Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Thread moved over and re-titled.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thread moved over and re-titled.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade.

way, Only the camouflage of the early Bw uniform had a Wehrmacht aspect to it.Attachment 324317
    Just to add clarity.......the BW "splittertarn" uniform, as FB mentions.......maunfactured, 1956-57, worn, 1956-early 1960's. The only uniform to remotely resemble anything Third Reich in the BW !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast