Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)

Article about: I no longer own it, I sold it at the MAX in 2009. The visor was re-attached with glue and that always bothered me.

Default Re: Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)

I no longer own it, I sold it at the MAX in 2009. The visor was re-attached with glue and that always bothered me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)
    P
    Many

?

Argghh glue! why do people do it!

I was just about to say that it was one of the finest examples I've ever seen.

Well it is still a stunner!

?

I've restored many a hat, glue is my worst nightmare. It's funny because most people that send me a glued cap, don't mention it. It takes longer to get the glue off than it does to sew the cap back together!

Oops, didn't see this when I posted this in the other thread... another Pz contract cap. Notice the saddle shape and the uniform color. At least, I notice them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)   Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)  

Heer Panzer enlisted/NCO's schirmutze (Peter Kupper)  

When I began collecting these in the late 1960s, such caps identical to this one in all possible branches were easily had for USD 25 at local gun shows. They were Kammerstuecke, that is, nearly unissued caps plentiful in a manner that would seem downright odd to young collectors today.
    A very nice cap, that seems to violate the regulation of the as regards to height of the crown. There are many articles about this issue in the UM.

Un expert restoration is awful. That is why Ben VK is a fine man and those who would abuse his generosity are not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2