Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Pith Helmet

Article about: I know this is "steel helmets" section, but I didnt see a better spot.This also my Uncles Pith Helmet up for sale soon. I just wanted to post for authentification.It has a 'Made In

?

Default Heer Pith Helmet

I know this is "steel helmets" section, but I didnt see a better spot.This also my Uncles Pith Helmet up for sale soon. I just wanted to post for authentification.It has a 'Made In Germany " stamp on the other inside sweatband.Chinstrap is PERFECT but the edge of brim has some minor leather damage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Pith Helmet   Heer Pith Helmet  

Heer Pith Helmet  
    Last edited by Dean; 05-20-2012 at 06:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Pith Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Pith Helmet

I would say reproduction just because of the "made in Germany". No original TR period item is marked "Germany" that I am aware of. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards, Corey

?

Believe it or not, but I'm pretty sure they DID mark 'Made In Germany' on SOME period items.

Can't put the finger on it, but I do seem to remind TR periode items marked "made in Germany!
    Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with that helmet.
    Are the Pickelhaubes coming for sale as well!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

No problem wiith this hat Dean.
    See at mine, there is a little difference inside

One part of the Assmann catalogue on thhis hat.

Good original Pith Helm ! I bought one of these in Brighton, England in 1972, cost me a fortune...£7 ! (same maker "JHS") Some TR and Imperial items used the "Made in Gernany" mark .....
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I would say reproduction just because of the "made in Germany". No original TR period item is marked "Germany" that I am aware of. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards, Corey
    A lot of these were found in holland in the 60's or 70's and to allow them to imported into the USA they had to comply with the regulations and they were stamped with Made In Germany. You used to see these in comics and magazines of the period and they were very cheap to buy.

It is an original but came out of stores. Helmets so marked are less desirable -IMO- than those without the markings and I have seen some examples where the seller has tried to remove it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Pith Helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Rommel pith helmet,
    It an original piece.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I also have a set of the helmet shields mounted on card listed for sale below it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Pith Helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post

Regards, Corey
    That stamp was applied post war to REAL pith helmets brought to the United States after the end of the War. This Pith is 100% correct. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast