Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Visor Cap authentication help needed

Article about: I need some help on this one. The eagle has two broken prongs, which is why it looks a little odd at the tips of the wings. I think he tried to put them on with some thread. I am struggling

Default Heer Visor Cap authentication help needed

I need some help on this one. The eagle has two broken prongs, which is why it looks a little odd at the tips of the wings. I think he tried to put them on with some thread. I am struggling with this one, but the price is right if I can get some authenticating assistance.

Heer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Visor Cap authentication help needed
    P
    Many

You will be asked for better photos. On first glance, it looks like Medical officer Heer. This cap has issues including the poorly attached cap eagle. Others need to chime in on this one. NH

Hi, not really my area, but you will need a decent image of the peaks underside as well as the insignia. If the peak is "ribbed", that is a good sign of a period cap. Leon.

I understand about the photos. I have asked the gentleman for better photos 3 times. I think he is just a terrible photographer, as this is the best he could come up with after 3 tries.

Here are a few photos that I believe show the "ribbing" you asked about. I know the photos are bad, but this is the best I have to go on for now Heer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help needed

Yours is a last gasp Lubstein army medical officer's cap.

I think.

Wait for Mr. Mint for sure, since I do not follow these that much.

On caps of the waning years of Hitler's Germany, the lacquer work on the peak is less sophisticated.

The skilled workers all got drafted and killed off at the front. They were replaced by less skilled persons, in many cases, and the materials situation collapsed, too.

Heer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededHeer Visor Cap authentication help neededIt also appears as if the Hoheitszeichen is held on with masking tape, which is not exactly the normal method.

The gentleman wants $175 for it, so I think as long as you gents think it's original, I don't think I'm hurting myself too badly. I may try to get him down a bit some I'll need to replace the hoheitszeichen

One hundred seventy five dollars is a fair price to be sure.

- - ------- - -

Unlike SS cap badges, you can easily replace the army Hoheitszeichen at no great expense.

MAP
    ?

Cap looks legit to me (not commenting on the eagle) but as noted has issues on the condition and better pictures are needed to really confirm anything for me. In addition to the issues pointed out above it also looks like the visor is separating from the cap.

Also, I think Leon was referring to the ribbing under the visor brim. The ribbing you show is the Tricot type fabric.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast