Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Waffenfarbe problem

Article about: Hello all, I have this beautiful cap that I initially purchase as a Nebeltruppen EM/NCO cap. However, it appears that the Waffenfarbe does not match my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder boards o

G43
    ?

Default Heer Waffenfarbe problem

Hello all,

I have this beautiful cap that I initially purchase as a Nebeltruppen EM/NCO cap. However, it appears that the Waffenfarbe does not match my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder boards or collar tabs. I am now beginning to think that this cap is in fact a General staff cap! Opinions please.

Heer Waffenfarbe problemHeer Waffenfarbe problemHeer Waffenfarbe problem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Waffenfarbe problem
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Can you show us the boards and tabs that don't match it. I would also like to see a nice clear, close, straight on shot of the waffenfarbe on the hat. The lower picture makes it look striped!

Fred

G43
    ?

Hello Fred, and thank you for your reply. Strangely the striped effect you are seeing ishow it actually appears in person. It is, perhaps, from age. Unfortunalty I am away from my collection and at college, therefore I can't supply a picture at the moment. I may have another one of this hat, although. If I do I will post it tomorrow.

looks pink to me.

It looks a fairly good match to the Bordeaux red to me!...

G43
    ?

Thanks Harry and Gunny, however I disagree with both pink and Bordeaux. This, of course, is tough because the settings on your monitors could reflect different tones than others. Here is a picture of my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder board that I lifted from a website that previously owned it. Harry, I also have a Panzer tunic in my collection which I was able to compare with the soutache on this cap and it was different. I am still leaning towards General staff. The third picture is a General staff visor cap that I took from one of "Stonemint's" posts. The final picture is of my Panzer tunic for comparison. Any more opinions?

Heer Waffenfarbe problem
    Heer Waffenfarbe problem
    Heer Waffenfarbe problem
    Heer Waffenfarbe problem

?

Looks Panzer Pink to me

Cheers

G43
    ?

Thanks Datrus for your opinion.

Hi

These can be tough calls, I don't think it's panzer on these pictures, definitely not Bordeaux, aka smoke troops, which leaves either general staff/vet or faded artillery is another option.

These "different shades of waffenfabre" are impossible to judge on a picture IMO as you need to have it in hand and compare to other caps to get a real feel for the colour. As you have it in hand I guess ultimately it is your call.

Good luck.

cheers

Tony