Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hello need information about this Feuerschutzpolizei sidecap!

Article about: Hello guys! I purchased this sidecap today and I really don't know much about it. I do know it's original, I just am not an expert on soft headgear. I was wondering if you guys had any infor

Default Hello need information about this Feuerschutzpolizei sidecap!

Hello guys! I purchased this sidecap today and I really don't know much about it. I do know it's original, I just am not an expert on soft headgear. I was wondering if you guys had any information you could tell me about it, also if I can get a value on what it may be worth. Thanks and hope to hear a bunch of responses!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello need information about this Feuerschutzpolizei sidecap!   Hello need information about this Feuerschutzpolizei sidecap!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello need information about this Feuerschutzpolizei sidecap!
    P
    Many

DRK
    ?

Hi ,

These caps are dangerous.... these were also used post-war in very large numbers , so please don't assume that a dark blue overseas cap with Carmine piping and a Police cap eagle is 100% Original wartime.......

Basically there were 3 models :

The 1st model had NO piping and the cloth police cap eagle was at the right side of the cap , see picture below :

The 2nd model had piping around the cap's side panel edges , NOT in the crown of the cap as seen on the 3rd model , the cloth police cap eagle moved from the right side to the front :

The 3rd model had Carmine branch piping running from the front seam all the way to the back , through the cap's top crown , as can be seen below :

The piping on the 2nd model cap , the one with the piping around the side panel edges , had wool piping.
    The piping on the 3rd model cap , the one with the piping running from the front seam all the way to the back , had both wool and rayon piping.

Also , there were 2 types of cloth police cap badges : a large type , common on the later caps , and the small police cap eagle , common on the early caps with the piping on the side panel edges.

Best regards ,

Theo

This is a Feuerwehr not a Feuerschutzpolizei FSP example.
    regards
    Lukasz