Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.

Article about: by spandau hi The vented cockade and the "free of forehead pressure" it was meant to produce was an optional extra at time of purchase. Your cap does not have the grommet in the pa

Quote by spandau View Post
    hi

The vented cockade and the "free of forehead pressure" it was meant to produce was an optional extra at time of purchase. Your cap does not have the grommet in the pasteboard that would allow this vented cockade to work. That is not a problem in the originality of the cap. I have seen a crusher with the vented cockade but no grommet.

The vented cockade has a value all on its own btw. The cap may have been given one by accident at manufacturer or maybe just for effect...we will never know.

hope that helps.

cheers
    Tony
    Tony a big thank you for the information.

Regards
    Vedran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.
    P
    Many

Hi Vedran

No problem, as you say your money does not grow on trees so you are wise to seek advice !

On that note FB is a wise man and his counsel is worth its weight in gold. In the past there has been much nonsense written about Erel caps and this can cause a lot of dis-information.

If you seek an Erel cap with or without a vented cockade and a grommit then PM me as I have two for sale and it may be worth you comparing them with your potential purchase.

regards

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Vedran

No problem, as you say your money does not grow on trees so you are wise to seek advice !

On that note FB is a wise man and his counsel is worth its weight in gold. In the past there has been much nonsense written about Erel caps and this can cause a lot of dis-information.

If you seek an Erel cap with or without a vented cockade and a grommit then PM me as I have two for sale and it may be worth you comparing them with your potential purchase.

regards

Tony
    Thanks, dear colleague, for the kind words. I am grateful especially for your Reichswehr tour de force.

Hi Vedran

here is a collage of pictures showing the Erel cap's vent system to good advantage. Caps with various different branch of services............enjoy.

The feldgendarmerie and cavalry cap have no vent system and are there to illustrate the Erel cap with and without the vent !

Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.Herr Erel officer visor cap - question.

cheers

Tony

Very fine material from one of our most informed and gracious personages. Thanks so much, indeed.

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Hysteria? Where?
    The cap is not my property, and I consider her a possible purchase.
    Vedran
    Vedran - Hope you don't mind, but may I ask - where did you find the advertisement for this cap? I was very interested, and recall seeing these images sometime ago - but have since forgotten where. If you decide otherwise, I might like to [re?]consider it myself . . .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4