MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

Article about: by stonemint Arran pointed out that the CGM visor is not the Swearingen visor (which I thought it was). While I have been aware of the Swearingen visor for a long time, I was only tangential

PS--Chen, glad to see you over here--welcome!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)
    P
    Many

I just have heard, as I phoned him, the German collector has sold the AH cap.
    Who is the owner these days he does not know, as he sold the cap by an auction.

Still a real treat to see color photos of surviving AH visors, so thank you very much Wilhelm for posting photos of that fine piece of headgear!

Found also the cap, photographed from the other side.
    The inner I do not have. I asked the former owner if he had one.
    He did not know, but would have a look. If having one he promised
    me he would send it.

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

?

Looks like Chen has sorted out the chain of ownership! Swearingen's association with BOTH visors is what was confusing me...

Thanks to all who contributed to this great thread.I was really glad to see one of the most rare pieces of German regalia.Thanks again to F-B,Stonemint,William Saris and you others who make it a pleasure to be on the only forum that can really show the magnificent pieces of our hobby.

This was posted on the other forum as being found in the Reichskanzlei in 1945. Who knows for sure...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

How it came as a lot, sold on a UK auction a year ago or so.

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

?

If the wreath is gold, then it would be Hitler's, but it looks silver to me, which would make it Transport Korps Speer, I believe...

Who knows, it was by no means advertised as Hitler's wreath, just as stuff found in the Reichskanzlei garden. Talking about AH's hats, a collector i know also owns a AH visor, not a wartime one, but the brown one with the wreath. It came from Frau Winter at some point.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast