Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze

Article about: They are magnificent looking visors, thanks Chris and Bob for showing these beauties. Bob

Default re: Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze

They are magnificent looking visors, thanks Chris and Bob for showing these beauties.

Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

The HJ Flieger leader visor cap came from a large grouping of material mailed home by an American soldier who was killed in a traffic accident during his service in occupation duty in Germany in 1945. A freind of mine bought the material from the man's mother around 1964. The boxes had not been opened in nearly 20 years! This cap was a RZM probe piece. There were two metal seals attached to the interior by strings along with a description of the cap on a large cardboard tag. I understand it is still in a collection in the USA. Maybe someday it will come back my way.
    By the way, this grouping also included the only known example of the SS Charlemagne cufftitle.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Astonishing material. It is odd that, granted the size of the HJ and its compulsory nature, that the caps for HJ leaders are so dear and infrequent. Does someone have the endstrength statistics of the leadership corps of the HJ in say 1939?

I am sure I could find this data, but I wonder if others of you know?

At all times, these organizations had fewer "officers" than one would have imagined.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    One of my favorite visors, and another example of an under-appreciated piece of TR headgear. This is a visor for an HJ Leader for the ranks of Bannfuehrer to Hauptbannfuehrer (roughly Standartenfuehrer-Oberfuehrer in SS ranks).

SS influence is apparent in the black velvet band, and the silver piping.
    These are rarer than both Allgemeine and Waffen-SS Officer visors, but not in as much demand. This hat is a wartime, unissued piece, and has the more subdued bullion piping, and a Trikot body. This one is tagged to a Breslau maker.
    beautiful visor ! congrat

?

Bob, I am more of a tunic collector but I have an HJ Rank Visor cap similar to yours. Do you reckon it is the real thing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze   Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze  

Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze   Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze  

Very cool headgear gentlemen! Completely outside of my area of collecting - but certainly eye catching!

Cheers!

Rob

Quote by wessel View Post
    Bob, I am more of a tunic collector but I have an HJ Rank Visor cap similar to yours. Do you reckon it is the real thing?
    Wessel, based on these limited pics, it looks good from here. Yours has a civil M-38 eagle, which I am sure is original to the cap. Great lid.

For the same reasons as Stonemint, I also agree your cap is right.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

greg koepp
    ?

Very nice caps, I have a few, but I'm not into them as much as some,, for some reason?? lol

I have some good stories but some don't like stories as they think they are fake?? So won't go into them here now, but you can spot one that is a rare one for sure.. tic-toc-tic-toc,.,. lol..

So hope you like'm as they are packed away for now, I can get'm out but have to drive for 6hr's LOL!!
    Hey stoner, I mean stonemint when did you go to Bob's?? Man I want to go!!!
    I'm soooo sad, Bob I want my ring back!! lol!!

thanks greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze   Hitler Youth Leader's Schirmmütze  

?

Thanks for your input re my cap. Nice to know it seems OK!
    If anyone is interested in it please let me know, as I am now more into tunics (and Allach!).
    Marvellous PL caps, Greg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast