Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )

Article about: Opinions please on this HJ sommer mutze. Has it been messed with do you think? The badge looks to be period applied but that’s in my novice opinion. Main concern is the RZM label does this

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I like it
    I like it too, but my pockets are not as deep as Tinhatmans. Haven't located the maker yet either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )
    P
    Many

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I like it too, but my pockets are not as deep as Tinhatmans. Haven't located the maker yet either.
    I wish my pockets were deep ha, is it expensive for this piece? I’m new to Militaria collecting so I’m not really sure what a fair price would be but I didn’t think it seemed too bad of a price.

?

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    I cannot find any information on the maker kurt Thomas. I can find information on Major General Kurt Thomas. Generalmajor Kurt Thomas - 999. leichte Afrika-Division - Axis History Forum
    That doesn't surprise me - I haven't heard of this maker before either. The RZM-number is listed in Wim Saris' vol. 6 of this Headgear series. Seems to have been a very small maker in a small village - no addressbook available of Oberoderwitz (but for one of the 1920s and there he is not [yet?] listed). Perhaps a one person enterprise such as a furrier who also made the one or the other cap and registered for an RZM permission.

Weitze tries to sell one for € 500,-, Reisig sold one for 590,-, eaglerelics for 300,- BP. The other caps this dealer offers are in the usual price range - obviously many people are ready to pay these amounts, there aren't too many caps left unsold on his homepage.

Many thanks for your detailed response. So perhaps I didn’t pay a bad price. I’m happy it is a rare manufacturer and it seems to be in good condition also. I shall post photos once it arrives. Thankyou again.

?

Bevo sold one in worse condition for € 375,-. I am afraid one has to cope with these prices.

I look forward to you introducing it to us in detail when it arrives.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I look forward to you introducing it to us in detail when it arrives.
    BlackCat, I the sommer Mütze arrived today. I took some more detailed photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )   Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )  

Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )   Hitler Youth summer cap ( HJ-Sommer Mütze )  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2