Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze

Article about: Here is a wild photo showing the wear of the M-33 / M-34 Hitler Youth visor after 1939:

Default HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze

Following up on Richie's friends posting of those lovely early pieces of headgear, here is my one and only. This is a pre-RZM (circa 1933) HJ Leader visor for a Bannfuhrer, as signified by the white piping around the crown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze   HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze

With these early visors, the crowns are small, as are the peaks, and there isn't much padding--almost "crusher" in construction. They were used from 1932-1935, but there was a wear-out period after.

The vulkanfiber was only allowed for HJ officer ranks--other ranks had to use cloth-covered bills.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze  

?

Looks like a nice cap. Could we see a photo of the front and inside please?
    Oops jumped the gun. Sorry.

Spartan interion--no fancy label, nor any RZM tag:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze  

I forgot to mention that this hat would have originally had an M-27 short-winged silver political eagle. The officer chose to upgrade with an M-37 during the wear out period.

Most importantly, this cap is very rare--in fact, the only one I know of in the world. This is because the Bannfuhrer was attached to the staff of the RJF, as denoted by the red band. A " regular" Bannfuhrer would simply have had a white band:

?

As always super condition.
    I must admit, that I gravitate towards the early visor caps for the exact same characteristics, which you mention; smaller crown and peak, less padding and a more 'chrusher-like' appearence.
    Less is more.
    Its just a bonus, that "There can be only one!"

Sad that it is the only one known because it is a fabulous cap.

I don't think I would have changed the eagle, but I guess that that is the right of the original owner, so I can't quibble.
    Thanks for showing.

HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab SchirmmützeHJ Bannfuhrer im Stab SchirmmützeVery nice piece you own, which is not pre-RZM, but pre or non the requirement to mark caps with some kind of RZM tag. Now that Wim Saris has decided to play a more prominent role in our little circle, perhaps he can fill in this blank. The predecessor of the RZM begins its work in the SA in 1928, but the date upon which the first RZM tag appears in caps in unknown to me. The 1934 law, the Heimtueckegesetz, is an important milestone in this process, but I think the requirement is there prior to late 1934. In any case, a very handsome piece in nice shape. I also am fond of early SS headwear. However, I am satisfied to own it in used condition. HJ Bannfuhrer im Stab SchirmmützeHJ Bannfuhrer im Stab SchirmmützeHJ Bannfuhrer im Stab SchirmmützeHJ Bannfuhrer im Stab Schirmmütze

What is amazing is the condition in which this schirmutze exists. with the addition of the final pattern national emblem, it is evident that the owner wore this cap for a prolonged period of time. I remember when you got this rare piece. Thanks for posting it for a new audience.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ultra rare cap. Never seen an extant one before. Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast