Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How much did K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010

Article about: Does any body know how much the silk top cap of Karl Wolff sold for at the German auction in December 2010. Thanks Siberkreuz

Default Re: How much did K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010

I own two caps made of silk, actually.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I own two caps made of silk, actually.
    I do not doubt that, as i have been informed by a reliable source that this approx 4 silk tops, maybe only talking about SSVT in black, as you own 2 No. And counting the KW CAP do you know of any more in collections? You do not want to share if your caps are named. Sorry If I am asking any unwarranted questions.

One of my caps is an army cap, actually. My silken cap is un named. I have more or less owned it since the mid 1970s, with an interruption.

- - Updated - -

The late John Pepera had a silk senior leader cap. I also owned a silk grey SS officer's cap in the 1970s, and have a picture of it, too.

Thank you for your reply,it was most interesting, what Heer branch would that be?, perhaps the KW is the 4th. will discuss this question with my source and I will get back to you. You are very fortunate to own two silken caps. I assume your earlier picture is one off the caps being discussed. I am afraid I do not know the late John Pepera, and I guess you are referring to a NADAP senior leaders cap.

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010The Pepera cap. To our great sadness, he died recently and I am sure that this object will eventually be for sale.

Silk caps were fairly common prior to 1918 in the old armies.

- - Updated - -

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010My army cap is a cavalry cap, and it is very poetic.

thought some members may find this thread interesting:

SS-Obergruppenführer Karl Wolff photos - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

William Kramer

?

I know of six black silk SS caps in collections- 3 General Officers and three regular officers...

Quote by Arran View Post
    I know of six black silk SS caps in collections- 3 General Officers and three regular officers...
    The voice of authority. I am also sure that more material of this type exists than anyone knows, as there are many collectors who do not post their material, and they refrain from doing so for very sound reasons.

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010My grey silk cap four decades ago...long gone...it came with a white LAH uniform.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast