Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.

Article about: by Cody Countryman Wow! Thanks! I really Apreaciate the help Walkwolf! Sorry about posting this in a thread that was ment for 1933-45, but i was just curious because my moms friend said it w

Default re: I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.

Quote by Cody Countryman View Post
    Wow! Thanks! I really Apreaciate the help Walkwolf! Sorry about posting this in a thread that was ment for 1933-45, but i was just curious because my moms friend said it was WWII, but it confused me cuz the dates on it were not WWII. And ive tried researching it but did;nt find anything. Do you think this Cross is worth alot?
    Hindy Crosses sell today for between $15 to $30 depending on where you find them
    and who is selling them. The small ribbon bar should be around $10 to $15.

The Wehrpass is worth a lot more, depending on the info inside, especially if
    it was someone of rank or importance, or if it is from the 'SS'..............!

Please show the portrait and info if you can get a good shot !
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.
    P
    Many

Nice Deal! I wonder if the price bumped up since then?
    And I should flip the swords over then? Since you said its upside down
    I bet! But it;ll be hard to tell what inside the passport since its all in German. But my mom is German so Maybe she;ll translate it some day?
    Aw man, ha i hoped it would have more value, but i still think its a pretty cool peice!

Nice Deal! I wonder if the price bumped up since then?
    And I should flip the swords over then? Since you said its upside down
    I bet! But it;ll be hard to tell what inside the passport since its all in German. But my mom is German so Maybe she;ll translate it some day?
    Aw man, ha i hoped it would have more value, but i still think its a pretty cool peice!
    DON'T flip the swords over !

The whole ribbon bar is upside-down if it is attached to the Hindy medal ribbon !

The grips of the swords should face downward, and the Iron cross medal ribbon
    should be on the left !

( Here are a few WWI Iron Cross medal and ribbon bars I currently own.
    Note the small ribbon bar like yours in the center, and how it is positioned ! )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 08-31-2010 at 04:54 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Wow! Thats an amazing collection! That musta taken quite awhile to get all that! And thanks, I fixed the cross to how it should be now
    And unfortunantly i dont have a photo, and what should i take a picture of? Their is a ton of information in the pass.
    I did ask my mom to translate tho, She doesnt know his rank because she doesnt know how to translate the rank from German to English.
    But what my mom did tanslate whas that in 1940 he singed up for the Reserves. It says he was trained how to spy and Sabatoge in june 1940. Then in 1942 he got transfered to "Ground Fighting" And i guess he came from a Rich Family. He helped secure Greece in 1944, and he was taught how to shoot a Gewehr 98. and theirs a ton of more information but my mom is not sure how to translate it.

Wow! Thats an amazing collection! That musta taken quite awhile to get all that! And thanks, I fixed the cross to how it should be now
    And unfortunantly i dont have a photo, and what should i take a picture of? Their is a ton of information in the pass.
    I did ask my mom to translate tho, She doesnt know his rank because she doesnt know how to translate the rank from German to English.
    But what my mom did tanslate whas that in 1940 he singed up for the Reserves. It says he was trained how to spy and Sabatoge in june 1940. Then in 1942 he got transfered to "Ground Fighting" And i guess he came from a Rich Family. He helped secure Greece in 1944, and he was taught how to shoot a Gewehr 98. and theirs a ton of more information but my mom is not sure how to translate it.
    Is there no photo in it? Was there ever?

It is good that your mother can translate all the information she has so far.
    If you post shots of the main photo page and the next one beside it,
    it can show, at least, who the soldier is and his rank.

Some of these boys were a long way from home, and I'll bet they were glad
    to make it back, if they ever did...........
    Regards,

Steve.

The little ribbon bar should not really be attached to the medal ribbon, but they are sometimes
    found like that, so you might as well leave it that way !
    Regards,

Steve.

Nope, their was never an image in it while i had it. Im guessing the family might have kept it. And its all ripped up were the image should be placed at.
    And sorry i can't get any pictures up right now. Its not working for some reason, I think it might be because i have a really crappy Computer and Internet.

Never mind, it let me post this picture but not the other pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.  

Too bad about the photo, but still interesting........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: I need help Identifying this GebirgsJager Hat.

Pertaining to the civil hat. the edelweiss is sewn on like the "HochGebirgjager" Might have attached it. HochGebirgjager, meaning High mountain trooper. A designation meaning that the wearer had climbed high mountain peaks and attained the Hoch designation!

regards,

-Jager

NOTE: The Edelweiss on the side of the cap is sewn on backwards. The flower's long stem should be facing the front of the ca, not the back. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...serjager-1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2